News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Engine Light wont go off

Started by kev187, January 25, 2006, 11:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev187

Hello everyone.  I had to jump start my tiger today.  I used a jump start battery box & not a running car.  It fired up quickly & now the engine light wont go out.  I rode home from work 12 miles & the bike ran like nothing at all was wrong, no problems at all.  I got home, turned it off, restarted it, still running like new.  I disconnected the battery, re-connected it, started it, still started & ran perfect, but the engine light remains?

Anyone know how to reset the engine light withough having to drag it all the way out to my dealer?  I know it just goofed something on the jump start?  Thanks so much!

Kevin~

georover1

Mine did the same thing after having it tore down for a new head gasket. After doing some searches here and other sites i read that you have to run the bike through at least three warm up and cool down cycles to reset the computer. I took it out for a few good rides and the light went out.  Good luck.
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

Quote from: "kev187"Anyone know how to reset the engine light withough having to drag it all the way out to my dealer?  I know it just goofed something on the jump start?  Thanks so much!

Kevin~

This happens when you disconnect the battery. It's nothing to worry about. The light will go out after a few rides.

Silverstripes

Hi Guys

I has the same when the battery went flat. The engine light is indicating the ECU has registered a faul. Mine was low power feed to the fuel pump.

My local dealer reset using the Triumph computer. He also told me is you swith on and off 6 times the light will go out. Thats why the others report riding a few times and it will go out. The ECU will still hold the fault code intil reset at service.

Hope the helps

Adrian

djr

once you run through 3 full heatcycles the light will reset

NortonCharlie

QuoteHe also told me is you swith on and off 6 times the light will go out.

I don't believe this actually works.  I am pretty sure you need the 3 complete warmup cycles
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando