News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coolant Leak

Started by Bob Burnett, February 13, 2006, 10:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Burnett

Have not used my 06 Tiger for about  a week, went ot to the workshop on Sunday for a bit of a polishing session only to find a puddle of coolant under the bike just below the bottom hose looks like its dripping from the water pump housing, checked the three bolts that hold the cover on but all are tight.

Telephoned my dealer today (Jack Lilley) and will be taking the bike over there on Friday, looks to me like the gasket has let go.

Anybody else out there had any similar problems, my 06 Tiger has done 2,700 miles.

Bob
2006 Black Tiger

Bling Bling If it\'s Stainless Steel Polish it, If it,s not then replace it

NortonCharlie

I've had a couple of coolant leaks but they have been from loose hoses.  They get looser when cold.  Good luck I am sure your dealer will sort it right out.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

ArizonaKid

Yes, I've seen some discussion on similar problems and actually experienced this myself. Actually there's a small weep hole on the bottom of the water pump and if the shaft seal leaks, this is where the coolant will drip from. Such was the case with mine (02) and I priced a new water pump at the dealer ($158), but before I could order it the thing must have gotten scared and stopped leaking and hasn't leaked since.

Since your's is still under warranty, I'd take it to the dealer and let them deal with it.
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

Bob Burnett

Having looked under the housing I also spotted this hole and on further examination and further thoughts I beleive that this could be the problem
2006 Black Tiger

Wasper67

My 2004 leaks a small amount of coolant  on the left side of the bike. I have tightned all hoses and it still leaks. I will look for that weep hole thanks for the insight.

Brian

jp4evr

I've just experienced this myself.  I had some leaking from the purge hole on the left side of the engine case which was due to the bolt not quite being on right.  this was just after my 36k service.  

Just yesterday I noticed quite a bit dripping from what must be an intake hose under the fuel tank.  I can't see the origin, but it must be big because my coolant reservoir is empty.  

from a previous post, i'm hoping this is due to the "cold" temps lately causing some seal issues with the hoses.
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

cbxtc6

Funny this thread has just surfaced, as I noticed my '04 had a small nickel-sized blue spot on the floor under the left side last week!  Yes, it's cold here too.  -10F tonight.  I looked to see from where the leak is from, and it looks like somewhere up top, ie;near the top hose.  If it continues once the temp rises, I'll take the tank off, and do a proper search.

jp4evr

Quote from: "cbxtc6"Funny this thread has just surfaced, as I noticed my '04 had a small nickel-sized blue spot on the floor under the left side last week!  Yes, it's cold here too.  -10F tonight.  I looked to see from where the leak is from, and it looks like somewhere up top, ie;near the top hose.  If it continues once the temp rises, I'll take the tank off, and do a proper search.

My temps aren't quite that cold.  Perhaps 35 in the garage last couple of nights.  But it only shows up if I ride, not just a random drip / flow.
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

Bob Burnett

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Hose clamp on waterpump loose

Checked all of the bolts but not the hose clamps

2006 Black Tiger

PeterO

:(  Me Too....

I noticed the coolant was down a bit, then today when leaving from work I noticed a few "spots" on the tarmac.  It's been wet here the last few days so I owuldn't have noticed them until today ...  I'll get the torch out and have a look for this small hole.....

Peter

PeterO

I used a "plum line" back up from the spots on the ground, and it looks like it's comming from the hose between the radiator and the thermostat.

And just my luck that the jubilee clip is turned just so that it can't be tightened up without  taking the tank off  :evil:

Peter