News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

need some info

Started by overcomb3, May 01, 2006, 08:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overcomb3

I have recently purchased a 98 Steamer and am having what I think are carb problems.It hesitates and sputters taking off in 1st and I notice the same problems whenever I give a lot of gas.Almost like its starving for fuel.I also notice the hesitation in 6th when I get on it to pass.No problems if I roll on slowly but it seems like something must be wrong.The bike does have the Kehin carbs and the previous owner put Yosh stainless cans on.It does not have a jet kit in and I can not find that one is offered.The air filter is stock.Any Ideas would be helpful.Thanks

Sounds to me like you're getting a weak mixture when you wind it open due to the end can. Something like the Yoshi can will need to be jetted up to cope with the extra flow through.

overcomb3

Thanks for the reply.I figured it might need the jet kit but, I can't find one anywhere.Would you have any ideas?Also do you know if Hanes or Clymer makes a manual for the 98 steamer?Thanks.