News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SPEEDOMETER NEEDLE

Started by JOHNNY G, March 12, 2006, 08:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOHNNY G

:smt017 I WAS RIDING DOWN THE HIWAY, WHEN I HAD A SUDDEN POWER LOSE, LIKE MY KEY SHUT OFF. I HOPE I WAS IN BETWEEN POSITIONS. THE POWER CUT SO SUDDENLY, THAT THE NEEDLE FELL SO QUICK THAT IT JUMPED THE ZERO PIN. NOW WHEN IT IS SHUT OFF, THE NEEDLE IS IN THE ODOMETER AREA. WHEN MOVING, IT HITS THE STOP NEEDLE, AND CAN'T GET OVER. IT REALLY IS NERVE RACKING GOING BY THE COPS WITH KNOW IDEA WHAT YOUR SPEED IS.
Johnny G

2002 Dew Green- Triumph Tiger

Bull

Dear Johnny

I would see if your dealer could swap out a new clock for you under warranty.

.... and check into that power loss thing too.  You definitely don't want that hapenning again going fast round a long curve with a truck up your arse.

good luck! - Bull
\"Inconsistency is the mark of genius.\"  Emerson

tyrebyter

Had the same problem with mine and the fix was easy. You have to get the speed up to the point where the pull on the needle is from the right side of the scale and that's about 110 mph... seriously, it worked. Been fine ever since.
\'01 Camo Tiger

\'98 Speed Triple

JOHNNY G

Tyrebyter,  I tried that, but not up to 110. I would drive and smack it on the face. I tried to take the face off. I pretty much beat it up so much that it was starting to look pretty rough. I broke down and bought a new one. $350 after tax. Ouch. Johnny G  :?
Johnny G

2002 Dew Green- Triumph Tiger