News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Have lowered tiger need lowered stand... Anyone?

Started by tigerbiker, March 21, 2006, 08:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerbiker

I have been running my 01 tiger lowered for a few months now to see if that is how I want it.  I have pretty well decided to leave it that way but that decision means that I need to deal with the side stand and center stand.  My question is, would anyone be interested in making my stand mods for a few $$?  I just do not have access to the equipment I need to do it myself.

dougahole

You have a pm tigerbiker!

djr

remember you will also need to raise the chain guard a bit at the back or you will wear right through it!

jp4evr

Jack Lilley used to make a shortened side stand, but they stopped when they stopped making their lowering kit.  

Now, I bet if we all get together, we can probably get them to make one again.... i've asked, but never got a positive response.  

It would be nice to have two just in case it goes back up....
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

tigerbiker

I agree

I have been thinking about raising it back up just to see how I like it but I really am not tall enough (5'9 32 inseam) to have it that high...  Maybe I just need to get use to it.

iansoady

Quote from: tigerbikerI agree

I have been thinking about raising it back up just to see how I like it but I really am not tall enough (5'9 32 inseam) to have it that high...  Maybe I just need to get use to it.

But of course you could always just put the seat on its highest setting......
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650