News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Metal Fuel Connectors in Europe

Started by PeteBrooks, April 12, 2006, 10:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteBrooks

Hello

I've seen a lot of talk about about the metal fuel connectors available from Team Triumph. My 2002 still has the plastic ones, and has not gone in for the recall replacements. But, I'd rather fit the full metal ones based on what I've read from others here.

So, does anyone know where I can source these in Europe? Otherwise I'll stump up and get them sent from the USA.

Pete.

jp4evr

Quote from: "PeteBrooks"Hello

I've seen a lot of talk about about the metal fuel connectors available from Team Triumph. My 2002 still has the plastic ones, and has not gone in for the recall replacements. But, I'd rather fit the full metal ones based on what I've read from others here.

So, does anyone know where I can source these in Europe? Otherwise I'll stump up and get them sent from the USA.

Pete.

Um... doesn't your statement answer your own question?  Aren't the doing the replacements in Europe to metal from the plastic fittings you have now?  

Maybe I'm not understanding. - which has happened many times before according to my wife.
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

Frank.B

Hi Peter.

If you are in the UK you can purchase them from here http://www.tom-parker.co.uk/old_site/index.html but when you see the price you might just want to have your dealer do the job under the recall!
\"greetings to you....friends of peace\"

thylacine

Ensure metal to plastic isn't your result. ie my 04's rupture wasn't a male or female connector, rather the plastic housing the females are fitted in.

The fuel supply hose was so short that a male connector did not engage 'flush' against the female. It created a large amount of 'external force' against the plastic housing.  (a longer supply hose has been fitted)

PeteBrooks

Quote from: "jp4evr"Um... doesn't your statement answer your own question?(snip) .

I'm basing my request on posts such as this, and there are others.

http://www.triumph-tiger.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=1897

Others have had the recall work done and its maybe not enough. The tank is about to come off, so better safe than sorry. And to be honest with you, the time it takes to get a bike to and from a Triumph dealer round here I'd rather do it myself....

Pete.

PeteBrooks

Heh,

Can you believe it! I broke one of the the little f*****s today, they are way too fragile for the purpose, specially in that tight space, and its not as if I didn't know this already. I can see exactly why Triumph have done the recall....

As we say in the UK,  "ARSE!!"

jp4evr

That sucks.... I've pulled my tank several times over the winter searching for a mythical coolant leak that is no longer there.... *(warmer temps).  Anyhow, I felt the stretch, but the connecters slipped in no problem.  The whole tank and hose issue is hopefully resolved in whatever *(675 or 1050) solution comes next.  

Perhaps we should just replace with a pre-1999 model.  tee hee
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!