News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Problem with Ignition

Started by Ansis, April 18, 2006, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansis

I have problem with my 98 Tiger900. When cold it starts normaly, but aprohimately after 15minutes drive it is feeling that somebody turns ignition off. Engine stops. After 10-15min it starts again but then it works only 3-5minutes. It is feeling like some part of ignition or engine controll module overheats. Is here anybody who can give me advise where to look for the problem. :cry:

apache

No sure on 98`s but coil failure`s are not uncommon on steamers. Other than that it sounds like a fuel delivery issue. Next time it dies open the fues cap and listen for a vacume sound and try restarting it. Could be a vent tube plugged.

Ansis

That was easier as I thought. Yesterday I did 101 laps in my garden (it is quite small but I did not wanted go away from my garadge) and then it stopped. I measured pick up coil before it was 594 oms and after it stopped the electrical chein was broken. I have to order new pick up coil.