News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Factory tour comment re 07 Tiger

Started by Tigerpete, April 22, 2006, 06:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigerpete

I recently went on the Factory Tour at Hinckley, which if you ever get the chance go for it as its very interesting. The tour guide told us that although the new Tiger is supermoto styled (we seen it entering the factory complex after a test ride), the decisions on styling having been taken 3 years in advance of production, that different versions could be produced. They are very aware that the large 'Trailie' market is big business so there is hope yet.

That's good to hear. After all, the GS sells thousands so Triumph would be stupid not to enter that market. Also, really it's just a change of wheels like KTM do with their off road models to change an Enduro to an SM.

That model that we've seen in MCN is really competing with the likes of the new CBF1000 and the FZ1 etc..

As you say, "There is hope".

Chris Canning

Anyone care to explain why every GS i see has 020's or is that what people go off roading on!!!!!

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Anyone care to explain why every GS i see has 020's or is that what people go off roading on!!!!!

The majority of GSers that I've met are road riders. The majority of them bought the badge. Sad b@stards.

The off-roaders tend to fit TCK80's. Look here :- http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44093  & you'll see they fall over easily.  :D  :?