News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

i got one

Started by raw, April 28, 2006, 02:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raw

ok to tell a quick story,i was going to buy a 01 tiger sent a deposit from some one on here selling on here and then they sold it anway,so i found a 99 f650 i like it but still wanted a tiger,so i sold the f650 and bough a 05 tiger new in silver with bags the dealer had 3 of them in that color so i got it for $9100 out the door with everything,does that sound like a good deal?

so my 1st thing i want to do is lower it its a little tall for me

¥TigerTamer?

First off - CONGRATULATIONS - your gonna luv it!  I bought a brand new 05 Tiger back in Feb.  and I love it!  $9100 for a brand new one is a very good deal.  I think I paid $9500 for mine.

As far as lowering it, there are a few threads on here about that - you can do a search.  I think the overall concensus is that the Hagon is the best way to go for lowering your Tiger.  I've been considering it as well.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)

1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

HockleyBoy

Congratulations, you will love your 05 and it sounds like you got a good deal. :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

NortonCharlie

Congrats, you will love it.  1st do you have the seat set to the lowest position to start with?
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

tonyb

Congratulations, you will love your 05 and it sounds like you got a good deal.  :twisted:  :evil:  :P  :?  :oops:  :idea:  :o  :lol:

One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever

raw

I seen on the forum some where  you could lower the seat but I have  not tried,is it simple to do?

echoyankee

1st things 1st:

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!

Now, your seat.  Well, just unlock it and examine the underside of the driver's seat carefully.  You'll see pins and holes.  Put the pins into the holes such that the seat (and you) are closer to the ground.  

Best,

echoyankee

raw

i looked and seen the set one side was all the wa down and the other one was in the middle,i put them in the lowest ones and i still need it to be lower,so i guess ill be buying a new shock does anyone know what they normally run and what the dealer charges to install

Sofalofa2005

raw you don't need a new shock... A few months ago when my bike was serviced I was chatting to the dealer and they do a lowering kit which lowered the bike by about 2 inches. Was pretty cheap too (about £50 I believe). Have no more details but it's going in for its 12,000 service next month so can get more details then...

raw

please do,i know for the bmw f650 someone makes a drop link, i think it just drops the lower shock mounting piont 2",i would hate to replace a new shock if i dont have to