News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Reliability Issue

Started by Brother Number One, May 16, 2006, 08:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Number One

My headlamp bulb has blown.  Left side, just the dip.  I shall source the parts locally and do the work myself.

Later

Bloody hell  :shock:

6 bolts, indicator hangers

4 bolts, screen

4 bolts, fairing!

3 bolts, lamps mount

Just to get to the bulbs!  Am I missing something?  Bulb was 1.50 Pounds so I put two in.  I have now noticed that one of the tails has blown, too.  We have been bouncing around a bit, lately.

Do check the Morocco report update and give us some feedback.

Be cool,

Dave
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

iansoady

I assumed that was why we had two so we could wait till we felt like fixing it. :wink:
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

obxtiger

my left low beam blew today too. it dosen't sound to easy to get to. :cry: any sugestions on a upgrade in bulbs :?: stock lights not to bright :!: oh well i'm not either  :?
beware world I\'ve now got a TIGER on the loose.

thylacine

Earlier threads on this but:

1) Install second relay. Wiring all there already. Just plug it in. Results in BOTH lamps for low/high beam.

2) I replaced bulbs with Philips "Blue Vision" H4.  Much brighter.

TRKTEK

What am I missing here???? I can't think of another motorcycle with a brighter headlight......OK I'm comparing only to the ones I've owned, but the only one that comes remotely close in brightness was my old GL1100.

I guess I'm still just totally impressed with this bike.......

Steve
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Brother Number One

Quote from: "thylacine"Earlier threads on this but:

1) Install second relay. Wiring all there already. Just plug it in. Results in BOTH lamps for low/high beam.

2) I replaced bulbs with Philips "Blue Vision" H4.  Much brighter.

UK is 2 up 2 down as standard.  Mine is, at least, but I bought it private.  It's an 04.  :D
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger