News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1998 Tiger Neutral (light) won't go off

Started by jsingraham, February 25, 2006, 06:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsingraham

Getting ready to pull her out of the shed tomorrow and begin getting it ready for riding this year, and where I left off last fall is where I need to start this spring.  Namely, the neutral light won't go out.  I believe the neutral switch works when it senses ground, so when I unhook the wire going to the switch, should the light not go off?  It doesn't, and I have traced it to the point where I will need to do some major dissambly to trace it any further, and I cannot find that it is grounded anywhere.  Also, when it is running and in gear, with hand on clutch, I can drop the sidestand, and sometimes the light will flicker ever so slightly.  Is this possibly a sign that it has something to do with the sidestand switch too?  It won't kill it though, because the bike thinks it is in neutral due to the light being illuminated.  Any help appreciated.  

Thanks,

Jason in KC
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

Bull

just saw your post for the first time tonight Jason... sorry for the very late reply.

Did you ever sort out your neutral light problem?

cheers - Bull
\"Inconsistency is the mark of genius.\"  Emerson