News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NEWBEEEEEE!!!!

Started by BIG BILL, June 01, 2006, 10:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG BILL

I am currently thinking of buying a 2003 Tiger with full luggage and service history for £4800,

Any probs I need to know about?

My name is BILL I am BIG and a newbee hello from me to all of you.

I have been reading all your posts.

BIG BILL 8)
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing (Barry Sheene) Silver 2004 tiger

BIG BILL

Bike arrives on Tuesday can't wait

BIG BILL
Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out and meet the bloody thing (Barry Sheene) Silver 2004 tiger

TRKTEK

Welcome Big Bill.......

I think you will like the Tiger :wink:

To fully appreciate it you will have to ride the wheels off it for a while...

Let us know what you think..... :)

Steve
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith

BIG BILL

Can't wait till tomorrow Pick the big Cat up at 10 oclock.

I'm not very excited, took the whole day off work and will be heading to Scotland. :D  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :D

BIG BILL

Jim S

Hi there, I've had my Tiger for three months now, an 04 orange one. I'm just getting used to it now, although I've not stopped caning it yet!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the bike. I find it really lively and has a sporty feel in the twisties.  I've also done 400 miles two up with luggage and it was no problem, although I'll screw up the preload a bit next time, felt a bit soft.

Enjoy, and let us know how you get on mate.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

JRO

Bill,

How big are you?
JRO

2006 Tiger

BIG BILL

6ft and Twenty stone if thats any help?

BIG BILL :roll:

JRO

Quote from: "BIG BILL"6ft and Twenty stone if thats any help?

BIG BILL :roll:

Well, I don't think you'd have any problems with a Tiger.

I have a cousin we call "BIG BEN".  He's bigger than you; 30stone or better. Doesn't ride motorcycles, though. If he did, I would advise something else, like a Rocket or a GW or an Aprillia SR50 DiTech.
JRO

2006 Tiger

tigerrob1090

Hi big bill had my 03 from new lucifer orange my only gripe is wind noise at high speed....blowing sports bikes is a real blast they dont expect all that power from a tiger........... ride safe..... :twisted:
tiger time not work time..........!

mikeG15

I'm six three and 20+ , my dealer loaned me a Rocket3 when my Tiger was in for the fuel connection recall. It was nice but I missed the stature of the Tiger, it's so satisfying being able to spit down onto car roofs. Y'gotto remember to open the visor first of course.....

Jim S

Ha ha! LOL! Spitting at cars, that's funny! The Rocket is something else, not my style but gotta respect the bike!

I must agree with the wind noise thing, I could get away without ear plugs with my Varadero but not the Tiger! Otherwise, it rocks! My personal favourite is that engine note! With the race pipe the Tiger growls. Two months and 3000 miles and I'm lovin it!
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

BIG BILL

Picked Bike up yesterday and WoW!! this is the best bike I have owned and ridden.

Left Northumberland and headed for Scotland and 260 miles later arrived back home at 11.30pm, I could not stop riding this thing the enjoyment factor is Grrrrreat, The pull from stand still is amazing, I just had to keep doing it.

Yes the wind noise is irritating but not too bad with ear plugs.

I can't wait till the week end .

Smiling BIG BILL :D

Brother Number One

Let's see it, then.  The bike, that is.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

BIG BILL

Tried to send pic's but it keeps cominig up error? :cry:

any clues or can I send a pic to some one else and could they please do it for me.

Thanks BIG BILL

tigerrob1090

Hi big bill glad you enjoyed day out on tiger (jammy git ) im only 5..8..1/2 bit of a stretch but i manage the beast ok there is a new screen on www.tiger.com it has an adjustable blade at the top...... follow leads on this site :lol:
tiger time not work time..........!