News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brand new Corbin Seat for Tiger

Started by toddtruby, June 05, 2006, 09:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toddtruby

I bought this on another forum advertised as never installed/still in plastic.

Backrest receptacle on this seat makes it impossible to use my topbox.

Seat was as advertised and in pristine, new condition. I removed it from the Corbin plastic to mount, but seat has never been outside the garage.

I paid $175 plus shipping. I will sell for $200 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. If you want to pay actual shipping, then $175 is fine too.. Im not looking to make money on this deal. I figure $25 should cover any expenses to ship in the US.

squarepeg

I read somewhere on another post that Corbins add upwards of an inch (!) to seat  height.  Did you find this  to be true?
a squarepeg in sj

\'05 Triumph 955i Tiger

\'05 Honda VT750  Shadow Aero

The stock Corbin isn't necessarily higher, but it will push your legs out wider (net difference being the same).  Based on my experience, I'd say an inch is about right.  You can have the nose area shaved down to negate that effect.

Coleman

wasions

In your opinion, can the tail also be shaved some in order to reaccomodate the top box?
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Sabre

Check your PM's!  :D
I could tell you more, but suddenly I am run over by a truck.

-Michael O\'Donoghue, How to Write Good

toddtruby

I have the stock seat set up in the highest position and did not notice any distict difference after fitting the Corbin seat.  I did not ride the bike with the seat, only sat on it in the garage.

As for shaving the back, I have emailed Corbin about this and not heard a reply yet.  I imagine that since they offer two seats for the Tiger...one for top box use and one without, that it isn't just a matter of "shaving a bit off" and may require the seat to be recovered.  If this is possible and cost effective, I may go this route...otherwise, I will just buy a new seat from them designed to accomodate the top box.

stopwatch

I know it's a "one piece" design, but is the corbin seat height adjustable like the stock seat?

Bull

Quote from: "stopwatch"I know it's a "one piece" design, but is the corbin seat height adjustable like the stock seat?

nope - it's fixed height - and if you're already tip toeing the tiger, the Corbin will stretch you even further.  It's a bloody great update, but not for the vertically challenged (aka, short arses).
\"Inconsistency is the mark of genius.\"  Emerson

Tony A.

Wanting to know if the seat is still for sale?

toddtruby

Quote from: "Tony A."Wanting to know if the seat is still for sale?

Yes, it is still available.

toddtruby