News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My Tiger arrived at the dealer-DAMAGED!

Started by thx1158, June 09, 2006, 07:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thx1158

I'm really disappointed. I called to check on my Tiger and it was in...but it arrived damaged. My dealer is a stand up guy so he told me he wants to send it back and try to get another one. I have not seen it but it is scratched on the nose, gas tank and side bags. I just hope this isnt going to drag on another month or so.
RWW

06 Tiger

jmoonx14

Oh man! I am sorry to hear it. Have you though about another dealer who could come up with one? Perhaps they could work with you?

I lucked out with mine as they had two right out of the crate here at Atlas and the black one was serviced for a ride. The other was blue. I drove it away with 0.0 miles on it and the dealer told me it was not common to have them on hand, for sale and ready to ride like these two were.

They also had a nice price drop.

Hang in there whatever you do. Again, sorry for your trouble. It will be worth the wait.
~ Joel

\'06 Tiger 955i armed with Oly E-500 dSLR and Oly Mu 810

tigerpa

sorry to hear about the new bike being damaged.........i'm sure you were ready to get on and ride the new cat....what dealer did you buy it from and what color is it....i know that there are two '06's at the dealer in sutersville, a blue one and a silver.......really good people to work with and they are a triumph only dealershipl

thx1158

I ordered if from European Motorcycles of Pittsburgh. I purchased 2 of my BMW's from them and have a solid relationship. I just found out about the other dealership in sutersville. I ordered a blue one. I'm waiting to see what Triumph has to say and Lee is going to let me know how fast they can get me another one. I've been without a bike now for about two months and its killing me.
RWW

06 Tiger

tigerrob1090

sorry to here your troubles  i.m surprised it was damaged i went to the factory in hinckley and over sea,s shipping crates  are better than the uk one.s  hang in there had mine 3 yrs still love it.............. :P [/b]
tiger time not work time..........!

JRO

My '06 came with one dead fuse, and a skinned place about the size of a quarter, on the inside of the tank fairing.  You can't see the paint damage, unless you're under the bike, looking up towards the steering head.  I took the bike back for a fuse (thought it was a more serious electrical problem), but never mentioned the paint damage.

Damage in shipping happens all the time. If I was in a real rush for the bike, I would consider having the dealer paint it; barring other problems. You could probably end up with a better paint job than the factory provides.  After all, it's what will become of the bike, anyway.  It'll just be repainted, and sold. Right? But if you are worried about other damage, then you'd be doing the right thing, getting another one.
JRO

2006 Tiger

thx1158

I guess it was pretty bad cause the didnt even want to accept the bike. He told me I could look at it but he didnt want to sell it to one of his customers and asked me if he could just ship it back and get another. I would suspect the damage may be more than just cosmetic from what he told me. Triumph is shipping another one to Him Monday for me.
RWW

06 Tiger