News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What to pay for a new tiger...?

Started by topper0101, June 15, 2006, 08:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topper0101

Hey I recently moved to So Cal and when I left Seattle had to sell my old bike. I want to get a tiger and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on a price to shoot for from dealers or what they have got. Also If you guys think its worth it to get the factory panniers or go aftermarket. Thanks in advance.

Jim S

Here in the UK the price is £7599 on the road. Not sure about the States, so can't help you there. The luggage on the other hand, if it comes in the deal go for it but if you have to pay extra I'd give it a miss. It blends in nicely with the bike being colour coded but the cut out at the right side for the exhaust cuts storage on that side by almost 30%. That and the leaking issue with them, I don't think they're worth the money. Plastic boxes I'd go for Nonfango or Givi. Either have never gave me reason for complaint, water tight and secure, also detacheable for touring. I'll let the other guys explain the virtues of Aluminium ones!
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

Dirtdog

Here in Birmingham, al (usa) last year for a lucifer orange 2005 Tiger

It came standard with bags, it was 9.4k out the door. Prior to taxes

it was 8.9k, I added heated grips, race can, center stand, touratech bars, corbin seat, front fender extender, givi 52 ltr rear trunk, keryakin (sp) foot pegs for final price I think around 11k invested.

stanegoli

Panniers are standard with '06 Tiger so price for them is irrelevant.

If you want to get a lower price you will probably have to track eBay looking for a dealer trying to get rid of a Tiger he has had for a long time.

In those areas where the Tiger sells well (such as here in Portland) the dealer does not give much discount at all.

I have seen last year models on eBay for about $9000

Dirtdog

Panniers for 05 Tigers in US was also standard.

JRO

In Tulsa, Okla., I paid 11.5 for a new Tiger, with a CeeBailey's windshield and a topbox added. I see '06 Tigers advertised for 10.5, new.

I would suggest checking cycletrader or something like that, and find a new-slightly used '06. I've seen some for 8.9. Saving money is a pretty good thing. I've also seen some '05's, still new. Hunt around, and good luck.
JRO

2006 Tiger

topper0101

:shock: I talked to a dealer and they do come standard but you can request it without and it saves you about 1000.  It also said something about that on the website.

Foxy

Quote from: "Jim S"Here in the UK the price is £7599 on the road.

Are you sure? Thought they were still at £6999 otr

kev187

You should get a Tiger with the side cases for around $9K  I got my 05 last year for $8950 out the door about this same time of year.  The dealer was advertising it for $9199.  I have already seen the mid summer adds here on the east coast for the mid $9K range, you should be able to haggle around $9k side cases included!  Do not settle for anything less, I drove 4 hours to pick mine up once I scored the price I wanted.  Call dealers, find a Tiger, tell them $9K out the door your coming to buy & you will be surprised!!!!

Andrew Tavener

They are £6999 OTR with heated grips, centre stand and panniers.

BARGAIN! Get one while you still can.
Andrew, Swindon, UK

norwegian-tiger

What ever deal you get, I will envy you.

In Norway they costs about £15.000 / $28.000.
Geir

`00 Girly (on the road)

`98 Steamer (sold)

`84 Honda CBX (in the garden)

www.triumphtiger.net

www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/

http://www.britz-buzios.com/