News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Vibrations!!

Started by canolman, June 20, 2006, 10:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canolman

Has anybody got any tips on reducing the vibrations that come through the bars?

greg

2004 Girly.

Sofalofa2005

same here... what vibrations? I don't get any... a bit, but if you mean worse than  the level of an electric toothbrush then I can't help...

geotiger

I would also like to know some vibration damping techniques.  My 05 tiger is pretty viby around 70mph (~5,000 rpm) on the highway.  I can feel it in the footpegs as well.  Additionally, when I am around 4,000 rpm and pull the throttle back to just barely open, I can feel a good vib in the footpegs with what seems to be a (without a better description) rattle?

Thanks,

Nathan
"The one thing we can learn from history is that we don\'t learn from history." - Shaw

canolman

I mean the handlebar vibes!. I had an accident at work years ago and since then have suffered with 'white finger'. The Tiger is no worse than any other bike but I thought you might have a few tips.

Green Geck0

I recently did a nut & bolt check which included the engine mount bolts. Make sure they are at the proper torque. It has toned down the vibes for me.

Curtis Ross

Calgary, Alberta

'02 Green

Clemski

If the engine mounts are okay, try some foam grips :twisted:
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

tigerrob1090

hiya i,ve got vibes through my bars on an 03 had it checked by dealer nothing amiss  ,changed grips for enduro grips & filled the bars with silicon filler (not an easy job) bit better , i have noticed if i wear hard leather gloves it seems  worse  i am now looking at getting some alpine star enduro gloves for summer riding......hope this  helps in some way......... 8)
tiger time not work time..........!

canolman

Patrick the Scot

I've read the prescribed fix for the bad vibration in the Kawasaki Concours is to fill the bar 3/4 full with .17 cal. copper shot, (b-b's) Theoritically this might work as the kinetic energy transferred through the bars to your hands would first be absorbed by the rattling action of the shot.   :?:  

On my last trip to Colorado I did 1500 miles in 4 days, and my right hand was thoroughly numb when I got home.  It took about 2-weeks for the numbness to completely go away.  I noticed this bar vibration much more now that I have the Off-road pipe.  

I might try the copper shot trick...
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

Brother Number One

Triples are smoother than fours due to a naturally damped third harmonic.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... or somethin'
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Jim S

As I've ridden twins for decades I found I don't grip handles any more! I lay my fingers on the brake and cluch handles. I used to get numb hands on the twins so got into the habit of riding with my hands open, fingers just laying on top of the handles. Apart from cold weather! Then it's hands on to the heated grips! Best handling is from not gripping the bars tight any way. Hope this helps mate.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade