News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tigers in Seattle

Started by JRO, June 27, 2006, 06:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRO

Yep, it's true.  I've never seen another Tiger on the road, and was of the opinion they didn't really exist, until my Seattle trip, this last week.  I saw two on I-5, heading North, one silver and one green, and two more in downtown Seattle - one an absolutely beautiful, earlier model black Tiger, that looked like it just came from the showroom floor; the other looked like it was just rescued from a salvage, and may have belonged to one of the many bums around town.

Oops. You're supposed to say 'homeless', or 'domicility challenged', or some such rot (I learned this in Seattle). Being a poor Okie boy, however, I just call them 'bums'. Anyway, it didn't look or sound too healthy, but it was still running.

Of course, I didn't have a motorcycle, up there.  Oh, no.  My oldest talked me into flying up, so we could drive back #2's truck and some of his things.  I had wanted to ride, but was convinced flying up would give us more time with #2, before he took off for foriegn lands.  Maybe we'll ride up, when he returns.

In any event, I now know for certain that other people actually ride Tigers.  But - apparently - only in Seattle. That must take a lot of guts too, becuase I'm convinced that only the worst drivers in the U.S.ofA. live there.
JRO

2006 Tiger

Brother Number One

Tis a sign of age that I still associate Seattle with great music :(
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

dancope

Where in OK are you?  I live Pink, OK and agree, they are rare, however I see them on occasion.  BTW Pink is east of Norman.

JRO

Quote from: "dancope"Where in OK are you?  I live Pink, OK and agree, they are rare, however I see them on occasion.  BTW Pink is east of Norman.

Tahlequah.

Pink is better than 100 miles from Enid.  You sure you're not in Parker? That's over East of Non.
JRO

2006 Tiger