News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tiger in production!!!

Started by miltos, June 28, 2006, 10:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miltos

Bought MCN today, the new road Tiger is-will be alternative for road use, the old tiger 955i will be in production in future...so i presume, thats Good news from Triumph factory..!!! God i hope :D
always Triumph

tigerrob1090

not when you read there opening a factory in thailand..........?
tiger time not work time..........!

Jim S

Funny you mention Thailand, I had my fairing off today to fit a cigar lighter socket to the dash to power my GPS, the wiring lume has a strange white coding sticker wrapped round it with Chinese type characters? The Lume looks as if it's made in an asian country? I found this just behind the clocks.

Anyone any idea as to why or where?
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

miltos

From what they say,will not be any...THAIGERS from there, the factory there will be only for bikes and things NOT for import to european countries, shall i believe it? I dont think there's anything we can do. Only hope!
always Triumph

thx1158

If Triumph is like most other companies..they will outsource componets to Thailand and assemble in the UK.
RWW

06 Tiger

Considering that all the engine casings, and a lot of other stuff, have been manufactured in Thailand for years, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

The latest rumour is that only the twins for the far east markets will be put together in Thailand. Which makes sense to me. Mainly because they'll have a shorter distance to the markets. But also because the assembly line at Hinckley is at full capacity. Triumph wants and needs to expand.

I know and understand the argument about Triumphs being British. BUT, every company has to compete in a world wide market and, don't forget, the profits will be coming back here.

The letters in this weeks MCN made me cringe. These people saying they'll never buy another Triumph. BUT, they happily pay their money to the Japanese industry.

I'll point out that Yamaha make bikes in China & Italy. Honda make bikes in China & Spain etc. etc. It's a business thing. Get over it.

Jim S

Agreed, the world market is continually turning to offshore outsourcing. As long as the quality control is kept up to high standards I've no issue with that.

But Triumph has to consider past offshore licencing by other British companies. The manufacturing licence of Royal Enfield being my main concern. This can cause a loss of confidence in the product.

I've not looked into this in great depth as I personally go by the reputation of the current model and am very happy with the quality of my Tiger. The electronics used in the ECU are produced by Sagem, a French company, with electronic components most likely sourced from Asia, but as I've no problems with this I don't see it as an issue.

Long may Triumph continue to use what it deems as quality components and I'll continue to support them. With stringent quality control in place I believe they will continue to prosper.

Most importantly, I like my Tiger!   :D
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

Brother Number One

I broadly agree with all of this.  Triumph must survive as a modern company in the modern world.

I'll be living in Thailand from September.  Anybody know where the Triumph factory is?
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Also, just think of those people in Australia who'll be able to buy a new Bonneville for £3500. Is that AUS$9000? Bl@@dy good value.

tigerrob1090

hiya i work for a car parts company we buy steel from france ..forgings from eastern europe plastices from japan and this lot goes on a £58.000 range rover sport ...there,s talk of range rover relocating to south africa ,,,,costs....?  if you look under your triumph seat its from itaily.....
tiger time not work time..........!

tyrebyter

Instruments, electrics and suspension from Japan since the re-birth. Seats and plastics from Italy. Injection from France or Japan. Wheels from Japan, Germany and Italy. It's not the bits; it's what you do with them.
\'01 Camo Tiger

\'98 Speed Triple

Brother Number One

Yep.  Relying on Britishness to sell bikes is part of what killed the original company.  Exciting, good value bikes will ensure Triumph's survival.  Personally, I'd like to see Triumph factories all over the world.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger