News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

distanzas

Started by wdkng_24, July 07, 2006, 03:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wdkng_24

question all ... what kind of mileage to the few of you that run avon distanzas get?  my front looks like it could go forever at this rate, but my back is squaring off and is actually almost to the wear bars after ... maybe 5 to 6k miles.  i'm trying to decide if i need to consider re-shoeing before i head to colorado in a few weeks ...

note, i don't do any offroad riding ... those miles were mainly a trip to arkansas and back and a trip to the dragon from northeast iowa ...

wonko the sane

Over on AdvRider, Eeyore has mentioned several times how abrasive Arkansas roads are in his excellent thread on the Ulysses he owned.  Several people backed him up in this assessment, too.

Why not borrow a page from GatorTiger and have tires shipped ahead?  It means you'll have to plan to stay one day in one particular spot, and you'll have to work out with a shop there the details of them mounting your tires, but at least you'll be assured of having the tires you want where you need them.  Of course, the trick is not needing them until you get there. :wink:
The world is a book, and those who don\'t travel, read only a page.

St. Augustine

georover1

I only got about 7500 miles on my rear Distanzia however i do like the tire so i just put another one on my Tiger. I was also in need of a new front tire so I put an Avon on there also.
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

Brother Number One

I'd like to give the Avons a go next time :D
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

used2jeep

I just switched to the Distanzias after the Anakees.  They certainly seem to provide a more stable corner line.  They turn in very easily and stay there as compared to the Anakees.  Kind of a strange feeling at first.   :idea:
AF&AM, AANOMS, IBA

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: R8d8tS3bmlzLw

wdkng_24

i agree, they definitely feel weird at first.  like it wants to "fall" into the turns and stay leaned forever.  i put them to the test at the dragon, and they did awesome.

georover1

I also noticed the falling in the turns and thought it was just because this is the first new front tire i've put on my bike. The Anakee's didn't feel as easy to lean over.
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,