News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Moving on!

Started by tiger feet, July 08, 2006, 07:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiger feet

I no longer own a Tiger :(

I had my last ride yesterday morning to the dealers where I left 'Tiggar' an collect a new Scrambler, yet to be named.

I've had almost 9 years and 17,000 miles on 'Tiggar', been to various european countries and all over the UK.

But for various reasons it's time for a change, and something different.

I would recommend a Tiger as a good all rounder with the potential to be developed to suit the riders specific needs.

It will munch miles without any compaint and be ready for the next stint before you are :!:

Triple digit (MPH) crusing with sport bikes, but why do we have to stop so often for fuel, I still have half a tank full :?

There is already a customer interested in her, sounds like a good home as he's had Tirumphs before and has an EFi Tiger ATM.

Yes, I'm going to miss 'Tiggar' very much after all the hours I've spent ridding and fettling but things change.

Thanks to all on this site for the company etc.

I may well still drop in from time to time.

When I sort out the extra bits and pieces I'll post them on the for sale/wanted section.

Best regards,

Tiger Feet.
Four wheels good, two wheels better, three wheels accident!

Sofalofa2005

QuoteI've had almost 9 years and 17,000 miles on 'Tiggar'

That's less than 2,000 miles a year. With respect mate, you don't get out on yer bike much do ya?

All the best with your new bike... I saw a Scrambler when I took my bike in for service... nice looking bike with plenty of polishing to do!

tiger feet

It may well look that way, but I had another bike that I sold earlier this year, and I also have 2 cars and 2 Land Rovers to use and look after, plus a company vehicle for work use.

I used the Tiger mainly for touring and did 3000 miles in 10 days a few years ago.

I have changed my job and drive over 30,000 miles a year, so as I said things have changed somewhat :?:

Yes,  the Scambler does have a lot of chrome on it and I'm not the sort of person that always has a spotlessly clean bike.

The first thing I really noticed about the Scambler was the weight, or rather the lack of it when manovering.

It has a much lower centre of gravity and considerably less bulk too :!:

But I will also miss the high speed cruising ability and wind protection too.

Some you win some you loose!

There was nothing really wrong with the Tiger, just time for a change :?:

It's the longest time I've owned a bike for, which must say something :!:

It was my first Triumph and British bike not a bad introduction I think :?:

Best regards,

Tiger Feet.

Brother Number One

Good luck.  Show us a pic of the new bike.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Chris Canning

Funny actually reading Tigerfeet responses,worked out years ago biggest reason for buying another bike?? boredom factor!!! have run two bikes for some years now,completely the opposite, was exspensive to start with have had one 6 years and the other 5 and still not board!!!.

kev187

That Scrambler is a fun ride.  I demo rode one about a month ago & loved it.  I had thought about it very briefly, I like the idea of having the ligter bike to ride daily in DC vs the tall Tiger.  There are even good options out there to get the Scrambler loaded with luggage for a trip.  Its tempting, Ill keep my tiger for now, maybe save my pennies for a scramber in the driveway also!

Let us all know how it works out for you!

tiger feet

Hi all,

Thanks for the best wishes etc.

I will put up a picture very shortly.

Yes, the Scambler is fun and less baulky to manover especially in heavy traffic as I discovered on going to Goodwood the other day :!:

It is totally different, but seems to get as much attention as 'Tiggar' did :!:

I will be sorting out the bits left over in the next day or so, I got a bit carried away fitting extras to the Scambler yesterday :D

Yes it's nice having two bikes but it's more to look after etc.

Might get another one later on when other things are sorted out :idea:

Best regards,

Tiger Feet