News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tuneboy in Indianapolis

Started by speedysheep, July 08, 2006, 08:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedysheep

I just completed my first valve adjustment on the new 2005 Tiger.  Actually no adjustment was required, all the valves were in spec.  Very easy compared to other modern bikes I've owned.

I also twiddled the throttle body sync while I had the tank off, and now the idle seems to be a little low.  I think the "closed throttle position" needs to be reset, but I don't have the software to do it.

I was wondering if any list members in the Indianapolis area had a copy of Tuneboy and could help me quickly reset this.  The dealer will do it for $70, but I'm not real excited about paying that much.

The "check engine" light is also on now, as a result of running the bike without a couple sensors connected while adjusting the throttle bodies.  I'm assuming this will reset itself after a couple cold start cycles.  Does anybody know for sure?

Thanks for any help.
Where am I to go, now that I\'ve gone too far?