News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Tiger Owner - Intro

Started by bloaker, July 14, 2006, 03:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloaker

Hello Everyone,

I bought a 2006 Tiger In April.  This is my first non-standard/sport bike.  

So far I have been cery pleased (except my turn signals started working intermittenly yesterday).

I bought my first bike in 2000.  It was a new Bandit 600.

I kept it and added a 2001 F4i the following year and started doing track days.

In 2002 I added an RC51 to the stable.  

Then came a 600RR, then a second track only RC51....

Then recently, i decided on a Tiger to try something new.

Unfortunately for me, two months or so after my purchase, I broke my collar bone at VIR.  I took 5 weeks off from riding.  I am slowly getting back into the riding swing of things as my collar bone is still very tender.

I have done some mods already....  mostly for comfort.  I have added the gel seats and a taller windscreen.  I have also added a center stand.  Aside from that, she is bone stock.  

My wish list...

Crash Bars and a top box to complete me for on and off road touring duties.  

I am appreciative of any tips you would like to through my way and eager to learn more about the bike.

Thanks for reading this far....

Michael

wasions

Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Brother Number One

I see you already have the Triumph bucket.  I'd go for a race can next :wink:
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

jmtriumph

Nice looking bike! I got a Caspian too! Mine I had to modify for my needs, that's what biking is all about, make it work for you.  Jay

http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?s ... php&page=1
In South Florida... but not for long, soon \"hello Charlotte NC\".  Ride your Tiger, time flies!

bloaker

On my way to VIR to watch the races.

Quote from: "bloaker"Hello Everyone,

My wish list...

Crash Bars and a top box to complete me for on and off road touring duties.  

Crashbars = Touratech or Thunderbike. Either protect the engine. Others don't beware.

Topbox = I wouldn't bother. You can get far more on the rack & back seat without a box there. And, I think, they look rubbish.

Eric

FWIW

I have added Ma's Cycles engine guards. Seem very solid, but I haven't had to test them yet! They allow placement of foot pegs for long hauls on the highway.

I use my top box and leave the panniers off most of the time. Once I sealed the bolt holes on the hinges with silicone, the leaking stopped and it's more convenient to open the top box than the panniers. When not ridding, keep the top box open and you won't crush the seal and that will help keep things water tight as well.
Eric Walburgh

06 Tiger

wasions

Quote from: "Blacktiger"Topbox = I wouldn't bother. You can get far more on the rack & back seat without a box there. And, I think, they look rubbish.

Except, of course, that neither side case will hold a full-face helmet, while you can lock one in the top box.  And, I think, they look better than a web of bungees.   :P   :wink:
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Advwannabe

Wasions wrote

QuoteExcept, of course, that neither side case will hold a full-face helmet, while you can lock one in the top box. And, I think, they look better than a web of bungees.  

A gnarley old touring guy showed me how to get two helemts in there ( Bottom to bottom on their sides ) Doh! why did I see that?

First time I've ever has a topbox and the convenience, not to mention the confidence in lanesplitting sans the panniers is great.

Black tiger, dude, I don't get how you like the swoopy quircky Tiger styling but not the topbox :smt107 Personal opinion I guess.....
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

TigerTrax

Nice Bike... that Caspian Blue is awesome, isn't it?

Google ... Riders of the Lost Empire ... and send a message to

Captain Quack asking for info on his aftermarket can.

Very narly sound; Runs cool to the touch after running all day; Pops in some real nice HP for you...

Then.... ride that thing out to Jasper, AR in October to the Tiger Ride-In.

October 12-14  Jasper, AR  

contact me direct: mailto:TigerRide-In@cox.net">TigerRide-In@cox.net

TigerTrax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

bloaker

I will look that up soon.  

Not gonna make the ride in tho!