News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Better Dalton Highway Bike: Steamer or Girly Tiger?????

Started by tigerhund, August 03, 2006, 04:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerhund

A hypothetical question for anyone with an opinion or experience:  If I were to plan a trip to Alaska from the Southeastern USA (to include riding the Dalton Highway) and had a choice between using a low mileage '98 Tiger or a 99+ machine, which would be the better choice and why?

apache

Steamer of course.

Reason: Just cause I said so :lol:

Hayes

Haven't had the oppoptunity to ride a stamer but I will take my 05 Tiger on (almost) any road up here.

I haven't driven the Dalton Hwy but I have been up in that area several times, I would take plenty of mosquito repellent. ( when you stop of course, wont stop them from hitting your face or knocking you off your bike at 70, but then again you probably wont be doing 70 on the Dalton)

Hayes

If you are going to make the trip to Alaska you may want to check out www.themilepost.com

tigerhund

Green Geck0

Quote from: "tigerhund"A hypothetical question for anyone with an opinion or experience:  If I were to plan a trip to Alaska from the Southeastern USA (to include riding the Dalton Highway) and had a choice between using a low mileage '98 Tiger or a 99+ machine, which would be the better choice and why?

I just finished a 10,000 km trip up to Prudoe Bay/Deadhorse. If I ever get my butt in gear and do my ride report I may be able to answer some of your questions. In short you (some may disagree) you can make it to Deadhorse on pretty much any motorcycle, if the road conditions are good and you take your time. I met a girl in Coldfoot riding a Shadow that was up there...but's that's another story.

Curtis Ross

Calgary, Alberta

tigerrob1090

Hiya i read a report in a mag about a dutch guy rode from australia & the only fault was a blown fuse on the cooling fan it was an 02 tiger.... safe riding..... :P
tiger time not work time..........!