News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Toll transponder?

Started by haulin' daze, August 12, 2006, 03:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haulin' daze

Anyone have a toll transponder fixed to their bike? I've seen the plates that attach to the bars. They just seem a little big and in the way to me. Just wondering if anyone had experience somehow with velcro on the top of the "dash" at all. Maybe I should just avoid all these toll roads in the northeast. :lol:

tigerhund

When i ride the toll roads here in FL (rarely), I take the one from my car, put it in the pocket of my riding jacket, move it to under my crotch just before passing through, then hold it up over my head when I drive through the booth.

If you commute regularly on tolls roads, this is probably not the preferred method.

haulin' daze

Thanks for the tip. I guess I'll just duct tape it to my helmet. Maybe I'll start a new trend. :arrow:  :smt115

Green Lantern

I have an EZ Pass that I velcro to the inside of the windshield. It works great so far.

Mudhen

I put mine in the map pocket of my tankbag...
\'96 Steamer

haulin' daze

Good old velcro right at the top of the "dash", no problems. Buzzed right through the Hampton tolls with a green light all the way. Solid even doing 90. I thought it would rip off and smack me in the grape!   :smt023

Mudhen

Quote from: "haulin' daze"Good old velcro right at the top of the "dash", no problems. Buzzed right through the Hampton tolls with a green light all the way. Solid even doing 90. I thought it would rip off and smack me in the grape!   :smt023

Wow...you went through the Hampton toll plaza at 90?  Topped my record of 85...you're nuts! :wink:
\'96 Steamer

haulin' daze

Gotta be nuts for riding up and down route 1 into Boston every day. Scary at first, but I've gotten much more comfortable doing it. You should see the looks people give me.  :shock: