News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

NEW TIGER??

Started by JohnG., August 17, 2006, 12:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnG.

JohnG.

chrisjones18

there's supposed to be one i excpect we will have to wait untill september to find out unless it's spotted first [a photo would be nice] MCN said they have seen one with wire wheels -large tank-full set of luggage.but no photo. but not allways right are they?

german

It is a nice bike, but the concept is different.
Tiger 05´, Tiger 09´ ABS, CB550 76´

Jim S

I'm still not sure about this new beast, the upside down forks look sweet, I like the new fox eye type lights, the fairing mounted further forward might stop the wind issue, the rear is very compact and tidy but where's the carrier?

I'll need to see the one with full luggage to convince me it's a tourer. If I wanted a bike to tour one up I'd buy something smaller, no point in 1055 if you're on your own really,  I tour two up a lot and will need to see if this bike is capable or not.

Very sporty looking though, I do like it, hopefully a full touring model will be available. Looking good so far, I like the blue as well.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

I quite like it. It does pose some questions though.

1/ no luggage capacity.

2/ what are the slots under the headlamps for?

3/ is it REALLY a Tiger?

IMHO it's not a Tiger. It's a road bike like the CBF1000F. It does, however, look like it'll be a blo@dy good road bike. The chassis looks like the SP3 chassis with longer suspenders. And, if it gets the SP3 engine untouched, it should go like stink.

ChrisN

Quote from: "Blacktiger"I quite like it. It does pose some questions though.

1/ no luggage capacity.

2/ what are the slots under the headlamps for?

3/ is it REALLY a Tiger?

1. Agree, this must be the biggest single worry for existing (touring) Tiger owners like me.

2. The slots are tear ducts for when you're ringing it's neck up the by-pass.  8)

3. I suppose if Triumph choose to put that sticker on the new bike, then it's a Tiger.
Chris

norwegian-tiger

I`m not to stand in Triumph`s way if they want a new concept. Go a head!

But why destroy the best allroad bike in the world? Could`t they have called it Leopard, Cheetah or some thing like that, and let us keep our beloved Tiger!

With this Tigerstrada, Triumph can take the "Go Your Own Way" and stick it up where the sun ..........

Geir

`00 Girly (on the road)

`98 Steamer (sold)

`84 Honda CBX (in the garden)

www.triumphtiger.net

www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/

http://www.britz-buzios.com/

Advwannabe

There are a number of rumors doing the rounds about a more all roads 2007 Tiger, does anyone know where they come from ( apart from MCN)

A couple of guys across the various forums have actually gone the other way and put 17" fronts on their tigers so there is some market for this. Surely though, the motard market is smaller than the adventure market??
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

TigerTrax

Speaking from a USA perspective:

Where we have long 2 lane roads and 'superslabs' that cover a large continent. We ride many hours at a time... unless you are a rider who just 'rides around town'.  

There is strong speculation the 'Tiger of old' as a 'Touring/Backroads' master ..... will soon become a full Motaard, street fighter.

If that becomes truth ....

Hold on to your Tigers and treat them well. They will go up in value.

Triumph will sell more Tigers if they go the Motaard direction. But they will lose most of us who like the current features.

I think that Triumph will continue to 'bob & weave' with the market's ebb & flow. Adapting to changes in the market is certainly a road to success, but within those parameters is the task of creating a brand/model loyalty and following.

They had a good bike called Trophy. Certainly it needed some re-design work, so they pulled it from the line. It's been 2 years and still no new Trophy.

The Rocket 3  was the 'next best & greatest'! The first year they sold more than expectations; I'll bet the 2nd & 3rd year is a slow nose dive.

It's big. It's fast. But it's big.  

The Scrambler is 'cute'. A lot of folks like it, but wouldn't buy it.  How long will the Scrambler be in the line? Maybe not long.

The point is that by 'jumping in & out' with new models depletes resources to truly develop a product line, branded image, brand loyalty.

Case in point:

Just about everyone gives bad lip service to Harley Davidson. They have 'old technology'; Their bikes are overpriced; Their bikes are unreliable; Their bikes 'shake'; Underpowered and require $3500 in aftermarket to build them up. All the stuff a consumer would walk away from.  BUT.... the look has been the same for 50+ years. They are VERY LOYAL to the people who BUY their product.  And their customers are VERY loyal to the brand. They OWN 51+% of the HUGE cruiser market.

Want to see 250,000 motorcycles that look alike ... go to Sturgis....

and those people still stop and look at bikes that look just like theirs.

The motorcycle market is very crowded. Manufacturers come and go.

So the ones who can establish 'stability in the marketplace', establish brand loyalty and customer following..... they will succeed at whatever price they demand.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

twotaildog

It looks to me like the Tiger is going from dual sport / adventuer tourer to Multistrada. Instead of the 675 style front end I would rather see steamer style bodywork with long travel suspension and the 1050 motor. I'm sure they're following the market and I can't blame them for that, but I don't have to like it.

br549

I do not like the styling at all.  The front end looks too much like a standard issue Japanese sport bike and the rear end looks too much like a Buell Ulysses.  The great thing about the current Tiger is that it looks like a hopped up dirt bike but is a killer road machine.  I like the British bikes because the designers have made their own path  and always been a little different than everybody else, but I am afraid they are currently going with the trend of the day with this new look on the Tiger.  I would love to see this 1050 engine on the current Tiger with some minor refinements in the suspenson and fairing areas. -----Safe riding

tigerhund

I concur with the dissenters:  this thing will probably howl, but I stopped to look at the Buell Ulysses last week (thank you, but no) and this thing looks like a cross between the Ulysses, a Multistrada, and some kind of Japanese naked bike.   At least it has a decent engine in it.

I love my three Tigers (one steamer, two girlies) because they are well built, functional machines that are different.   This thing does not look very different to me.  If I want a Japanese bike, I will buy one that was made in Japan.  I have loved the Limey bikes because they are reliable, well built, and different.

This motard stuff is crap, but it will probably sell.  

Also, I am not sure that this is enough different from a S3 that I would not just buy an S3.

Boo Triumph--Boo.

zombie

I like it and am a fan of the super motard stuff as I already have 17inch dymags on my 01, not to much stuff out there can hang with me on the twisty bumpy back roads , for me it's purrfect

Green Lantern

It looks like a speed triple on stilts. It's doesn't even look fire road worthy.

I guess my next Tige will be a..Scrambler. :smt063

TexasMotoMan

Quote from: "chrisjones18"there's supposed to be one i excpect we will have to wait untill september to find out unless it's spotted first [a photo would be nice] MCN said they have seen one with wire wheels -large tank-full set of luggage.but no photo. but not allways right are they?

Anyone hear anything else on a more adventure based Tiger in addition to the new street wise one?