News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph Tiger POLL

Started by TigerTrax, August 23, 2006, 02:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

Oy Maties...

If you would be so kind as to venture over to

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Tri ... er_Owners/

message board for Triumph Tiger Owners  and take a POLL.

Look left on the page and click on POLL

It's only one question.

In one week I'll have another.

Thanks

TigerTrax
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Jim S

As I don't have a yahoo account I can't!  :roll:

Never mind, more to point, that pic on the link, is that Tiger hauling that trailer? WTF?  :shock:  :shock:
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

ThreePutt

Quote from: "Jim S"As I don't have a yahoo account I can't!  :roll:

Never mind, more to point, that pic on the link, is that Tiger hauling that trailer? WTF?  :shock:  :shock:

Looks like it to me.
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

TigerTrax

Nothing like a 'wayward Scot' to  spoil the milk.

If you have not taken the Tiger POLL... please do so...

venture over to http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Tri ... ssage/4138

It's a Yahoo Groups site..... any Tiger owner worth his salt would already be signed up just to access the BIG Tiger message board....

TigerTrax

bloaker

Quoteany Tiger owner worth his salt would already be signed up just to access the BIG Tiger message board....

I love it.  Nothing like an insult to make me do something....  :roll:

wasions

Yahoo has been a pet peeve ever since I started this computin' thang.

I'm almost never refused to sign onto a Forum (this, for instance), but Yahoo always turns me down as I won't accept just any and every cookie that they try to drop on me, and apparently they want me to open my desktop wide open.  They've been purveyers of every kind of nasty to kids of all ages for a very long time, and I just ain't goin' there.

I'm glad there are other options.

'Nuff said.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Jim S

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Agreed! Not for me either.

Well, in that case, let's start a quick poll in here, should that Tiger be pulling that trailer?

Wayward Scot? Just because I don't conform to Yahoo? Thank god I live in a free country! I'll continue to make my own decisions thank you very much. Shove Yahoo,,,,, etc, etc.

Jim S.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

TigerTrax

hey... that's fine with me...

but if you think Yahoo is the only one out there doing something that grits your teeth... you're wrong.

I think I can speak for a lot of folks who DO NOT get 'spammed' by Yahoo; Who do not visit the offensive sites unless they want; And in general have no issues. But they do visit the BIG Tiger message board; Tiger Ride-In message board; and a couple of other Triumph sites....

without issues.  That's my point.

Join in if you want .... if not we'll miss you .... but that's your decision.

TigerTrax

BTW:

Strong Scot lineage here ......

As my good Irish friend would tell me, " We HATE the Scots! The murderin' bastards!"

And I would say, " Denny .... Denny... I've got a bit of Irish in me too...

Enough Scot 'to put it in to the hilt ..... and enough Irish to be

compasionate about it!"

TigerOwner

As an FYI, that board on Yahoo is nothing but a spammers paradise.  Least this board has content.

Your comments are as bad as Harley Owners )my bike is better then your bike).

Jim S

I don't usually bite to these sort of comments but, hey, in the interest of making this a more interesting topic as nobody seems to be shocked by the Tiger pulling the trailer,,,,,,  :lol:

I'm no racist, but if you're referring to history, I think you should open your eyes to the cold hard fact, certain Irish people should refrain from using the words "murderers or compassionate". I've been brought up with the catholic/protestant issue, I went to segregated schools. Pot, kettle, black colour check?

Enough of history, let's move to the present. I've been over to Ireland, I've visited the orange marches. The Irish in both ROI and NI are a very passionate people. I love the country, I loved the people I met on my visits. I feel the Irish in general are very alike to the Scots. we have a mutual bond, hence the amount of ex pats over there in the States. I'll not go into more. I'd just like to point out All Scottish and Irish people I've ever seen together have got on well with each other. The rest belongs in history.

I visit this forum as I like to hear the adventures of other Tiger owners, from the offroad to the tar! I never envisaged getting involved in a conversation about racism or ISP's.  But interesting to hear your views from ex pat's on the other side of the pond. If any of you ever visit Scotland I'll make you welcome and shoot the breeze over a good dram. That's our nature! (Irish are welcome too!) We can all have a good dram, and finish the night with a damned good punch up!

Back to the question, WTF is that guy doing pulling that trailer?  :wink:
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

zombie

OI! I'm Irish and have even been to Scotland and a crackin' trip it was too  had the time of me life over there and the highlands are a must on a bike.. Generous and funny folk kinda like my lot in a similar way, until we get a skinful of drink and then we want to kill the world..

Yahoo tiger group blows a few of the main posters are a bunch  of self serving twats trying to sell their rider of the lost empire crap and other useless dreck.

Now living here in the good ol' usa and loving every minute of it  , have even travelled around this beautiful country on my Tiger been all over the palce and qualified for the iron butt certificate thingy but couldn't be arsed to kepp all the receipts and get it signed off on.

Too busy just riding and enjoying my tiger....nuff said

TigerTrax

Jim S...

You certainly go out of your way to make much to do about nothing...

The comments from my friend and business partner were with reference

to a few hundred yeasrs ago .... and in jest.

Perhaps over the keyboard you simply are feeling the effect of eating too many scones packed with protein! Take an Exlax ..... you'll feel better!

TigerTrax

As for the Yahoo sites...

if you are getting spammed.... then your firewall isn't working or you don't have one.... I get maybe 2-3 spams a day.... all trapped in a firewall.

Do I think it's better than this site .... I never looked at it that way...

but there is a lot of Tiger information there.

Finally.... Riders of the Lost Empire .... I have their Tiger can and it is a very nice piece of work; Very good results; Runs very cool to the touch.

So what's the issue .... other than to throw in one last comment!  But beyond that ..... be careful of who you decide to trash. Capn' Andy Kaye and his group do a lot of good things and fund raising; Have some pretty nice events for Triumph riders ( present and vintage ); And is an annual host for Triumph riders at Bike Week in Daytona;  A host at British in the Blue Ridge; Several specialty rides a year. He attends  RAT events at quite a distance. So bite your tongue unless you have more to offer.

Give me your line of BS if you want..... but I personally have spent a lot of time putting together Tiger ride-In events where Tiger riders can get together ....it just so happens that most Tiger riders subscribe to the Yahoo Groups message boards.... and that's where our message board is located. Simply a matter of numbers.

When Big Dave started this site .... he posted a notice to the Yahoo sites

to reach Tiger riders ... and tell them he had this website..... And the first ones to join by far were from the Yahoo Groups sites.

For a lot of folks there does not seem to be a problem.

TigerTrax

Jim S

Scones? Ah, I've not had a scone in ages, they're a bit dry though!

More likely to be an additive from the last MacDonalds I ate?  :wink:

I just thought you'd like to know you had touched a nerve with your misguided anti Scottish comments? We are a very proud people and unfortunately don't take to negativity well!  :lol: Sorry, it's in my blood I'm afraid.

As for Yahoo? Well, as an operations manager for an IT support company I don't have an issue with my firewall, spamming doesn't bother me, I just don't have the time to go round more sites. Between here, XRV.ORG and ADV I'm getting bogged down with literature to peruse!

Amazing how peoples perceptions can be misinterpreted? I simply said I wasn't signed up for Yahoo, then asked about the trailer? Which nobodies commented on yet? :roll:

This being an international site, we all get to see all the different attitudes and reactions. In my opinion, this is the good thing about the internet, it opens ones eyes to other peoples perceptions. My offer is still open any way, any of you guys who come to Scotland for a visit, from wherever in the world,  will be made welcome for a beer, a dram and a place to stay.

Scottish hospitality, second to none! Wha's like us!  :wink:

(Doric translation available on request!)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Sorry, don't speak Gaelic, I'm from the East!
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

TigerTrax

The comments Irish vs Scot were pure jest. Denny and I had that 'running  'te de te' quite often.  I defended the Scots  ... being descended  from Clan Moffatt  ... and he scorned them.  That's how it was.

At Denny's funeral .... the bagpipes nearly raised the roof.

So there is no offense intended .... but quite the opposite.

Next:

The picture of the Tiger pulling the trailer. I took that picture at the very first Tiger Ride-In at Osage Beach, MO.  The Tiger on the trailer is a

TURBO CHARGED Tiger ...... very fast indeed.

NO.... the Steamer did not pull that trailer. A  'Kodak Moment' !!

However, the Steamer does pull a trailer ....

a trailer with a Kayak!

At the same time .... there is a mountain bicycle mounted to a custom made tail rack behind the seat.

As Jason says..." It is humbling to be riding down the interstate and a car load of people go by pointing and snickering."

Hope that clears up all points.

PS My wife and I hope to be in all of Great Britain within 2 years.

TigerTrax