News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

draining fuel tank

Started by Hayes, August 23, 2006, 06:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayes

I  am thinking about shipping my 05 to Seattle and doing a trip back  up to AK before the ice & snow sets in.

Is there an easier was to drain the fuel tank other than a siphon hose ?

JRO

Yes, there is an easier way to drain the fuel tank.  Fortunately, I am able to help you with this:

1.     Get on motorcyle.

2.     Start engine.

3.     Ride motorcycle until it runs out of gas.

If you follow these three steps, the tank should be empty.  You can then ship it to Seattle, fill the tank, and ride it back to Alaska.
JRO

2006 Tiger

Hayes

That's good JRO, definately the easiest way.

russ_fae_fyvie

I would agree, I tried it the other way last year and what a pain in the ass it was ! Becasue the 2 sides of the tank are linked by hoses it is a real pain to get the last bits out and I think dangerous because even the so called quick connector leaked so I had petrol all over me and the alarm going off every 30 secondes beause I had to disconnect the battery to lift the tank !!

NEVER EVER WILL I DO THAT AGAIN !!!!

:shock:

toddtruby

When necessary to drain the tank on a car I typically use the fuel pump.  Disconnect fuel supply line and use a jumper wire in place of the fuel pump relay to run the pump.