News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Any ex Sprint ST owners?

Started by RigsVille, September 03, 2006, 10:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RigsVille

I currently own a Sprint ST and I'm looking at selling it, once it's sold I'm either going to replace it with another, newer Sprint ST or a Tiger.

Are there any ex Sprint ST owners who can give me a comparison between the Sprint ST and Tiger?

greg

My sister in law had a Sprint, which I had quite a few goes on. The Sprint is a great bike but nowhere near as versatile as the Tiger - or as comfy.

Sorry, but you are going to have to get test rides on both and make a choice, they are not the same thing at all. Ain't life awful? :twisted:
2004 Girly.

wdkng_24

my dad rides an 01 st while i ride my tiger.  he absolutely loves it.  he bought that and he's put 10000 miles on it in the last year, versus a little over 3000 on his valkyrie.  he's taken it to deals gap and all across colorado and never complained.  personally my knees can't take the sprint, but i love my tiger.  either way your riding an excellent bike.  the tiger will catch a little bit more wind in a crosswind, but the sprint is warmer if you ride in the snow and cold ... six of one, half a dozen of the other ...

kiwitiger

I have ridden a 99 sprint for over 2000 km's  over a couple of months. ( A mate lost his license)

My perception is that the ST is the better bike once the speed starts getting over about 130 km/hr for a period of time ( say half an hour). Below that the tiger is the better bike.  A hard choice , but for our kiwi roads and the seemingly abundance of possible flashig lights I still choose  my tiger. Tiger power does everthing well but lacks the handling finesse of the ST when started to push to the limits of the available tyres. When I buy another bike the tiger will be at the top of the list. In my opinion the tiger out does the ST for long distance riding at speeds on our type of roads. That's my two bob's worth.

Jeez they're both superb motorcycles. - Good luck !

GrantR

I have an 03 ST and a 96 Tiger and I think between the two of them I've got all biking bases covered.

I've done a few mods to my ST (WP shock ans springs, underseat exhaust, power commander) and it performs and handles very well. With the hard luggage it's ideal for long runs (I've regularly done 600+ miles in a day) yet you can still have some fun on it.

The Tiger is ideal for a lot of the back roads round here where the suspension just soaks up the bumps. Ideally, (and if my wife would let me) I'd have a new on of both in the garage. I've never done any really long trips on the Tiger, 550 miles in 2  days being the longest. The only problem I found, as previously stated, is that the wind does tend to affect the Tiger more.

Hard choice.................

RigsVille

Thanks for everyones comments.

bosun

i traded my 02 st in for my tiger.

at 6'4 & erm, big boned  :oops: , the tiger suits me much better. i find it far more comfy & it's fun to ride.

i've recently got an 04 daytona too & the tiger still makes me grin more.

if you want high speed handling, stick with the st.

if you want loadsa fun & comfort, especially 2 up,  go with the tiger  :D