News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tried a Ullysses

Started by TRKTEK, September 07, 2006, 08:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKTEK

On the weekend the local Harley dealer had thier annual test ride day which gave me an oppertunity for a little comparo......

Istarted with a short 50 Km jaunt on the big cat followed by a ride on the Buell.

It felt a little like parking one's Mercedes turbo coupe and test driving a pick up. :?

Oh how spoiled I have become........ :D

Steve
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

John Kenneth Galbraith

malc

My Dads just swapped his 1200GS for the ulysees So Ive had quite a good ride on 1 & to be honest I really liked it dont get me wrong I wouldnt go & swap tigger for 1 but the handling is stunning the engine is really agressive & its comfy until you get into town traffic then it becomes a bit of a vibrating handfull & the turning circle is absloute crap the front brake is stunning (a relly good idea) & the idea of having the exhaust underneath the bike so you can get full size panniers on is a real thumbs up in my book.The quality I will let you know after our winter but the bike is now just 6 months old & the exhaust has started to rust already but they are replacing under warranty & its had a fork seal too.

Where the tiger is plusher comfier & more mid & top end I wouldnt swap the cat but I didnt think the buell was a bad bike at all.

Thats my opinion
its grrreaaattttttttt