News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Green lane's

Started by Clemski, September 08, 2006, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clemski

Had the day of today, so I thought might as well go and have some fun. Started off on the dirt tracks, and then thought I'll have a wander up around Dorking, where I used to take the Land Rover. What a hoot, so much mud, after a couple of hours, me and the Tigger were covered in the stuff, just brings to mind what a versatile and brilliant bike it is. I need to sort out a set of more suitable tyres though, the Tourances were okay, bit slippy though. Any body any ideas, the best tyre for a bit of mud, which is also okay on tarmac, I've got the wire wheels, which apparently restricts you on the choice of tyres. :P
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

Quote from: "Clemski"Any body any ideas, the best tyre for a bit of mud, which is also okay on tarmac, I've got the wire wheels, which apparently restricts you on the choice of tyres. :P

Firstly, whoever told you that the spoked wheels restrict your choice is TALKING B@LLOCKS.

TCK80's are knobblies which stick to the road remarkably well. Although they do make the bike feel like a lilo on the sea. BMW specify them for the R1200GS.

Clemski

Quote from: "Blacktiger"
Quote from: "Clemski"Any body any ideas, the best tyre for a bit of mud, which is also okay on tarmac, I've got the wire wheels, which apparently restricts you on the choice of tyres. :P

Firstly, whoever told you that the spoked wheels restrict your choice is TALKING B@LLOCKS.

TCK80's are knobblies which stick to the road remarkably well. Although they do make the bike feel like a lilo on the sea. BMW specify them for the R1200GS.

You find out something knew each day, forgive my ignorance but the TCK80's are they Metzlers, I was toying with the idea of trying to get a couple of wheels from a breakers, and keeping them shod with say your recommendation, and then just swap them around for a days fun in the mud :D

Jim S

TCK80's are Continentals. I've not tried them personally as I find Michelin Anakees suit my riding best. If you get spare wheels, definitely go for the TCK80's.

I've spoken to a few guys running them and roadwise they can be hairy. Wear is pretty quick with them as well. Guys who ride on the road mostly have said they would change back to the road biased tyres when the TCK's were done, the offroad guys say they'll replace them.

As most of my riding is on the road I think I'll stay with the Anakees. Although I think the Tiger will look mean with the knobblies! Ah, I don't know, we'll see! Depends how I feel next spring, the Anakees will do for this season I reckon.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

Clemski

Cheers Jim, think I will go with the Anakee's for now, until I gat the spare wheels, next thing is a proper sump guard from somewhere :D