News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Handlebar riser and/or pull back

Started by Distracted Dibit, October 14, 2003, 08:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Distracted Dibit

Hello all, I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive solution to make my '99 Tiger handlebar a little higher and closer to me. It seems my arms are too short and it gets uncomfortable after a while. I would prefer something that does not render the OEM tank bag useless and not having to replace cables/hoses because of the added length needed would be nice too.

Thanks

Distracted Dibit

Oops. I guess this should go into the mods/accessories forum.

jsingraham

I put a set of ROX risers on my 98.  They are for a 3/4" bar, and come in anodized black to match the bars.  They not only give you 2" of rise, but will also rotate forwards and backwards along with allowing the bars to move forward or backward.  Go to http://www.roxspeedfx.com/index.htm and you will see them there.  I think they ran about $60 and took about 15 minutes to install.  Only issue I had on my 98  was that I had to get a Trophy brake line for the front line that runs from the reservior down to the splitter because it makes it a little tight.  Otherwise everything else is fine.  I have a Tourmaster tank bag that I often use, and since it is wider than a Tiger specific bag, it does hit the bars.  I think a narrow bag would probably be OK though.  I

I did mine for the same reason, I am only 5'10" and found that I was sort of leaning on the bars, and it made it nearly impossible to go further than 30 or so miles before my hands went to sleep.  Now I can go all day, or until my butt tells me to stop.

Jason
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)

Distracted Dibit

Quote from: "jsingraham"I put a set of ROX risers on my 98....

Thanks Jason that's exactly what I've been looking for. Looks like they offer it in 2 inch, 3 1/2 inch, and 5 inch rise for both standard 7/8 or oversize 1 1/8 bars. The adjustability is what takes the cake though.

Pics from the Rox web site