News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Price of 07 Tiger

Started by Clemski, October 23, 2006, 07:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clemski

Iv'e just been into the local dealer and started to talk about the new 07 Tiger. I asked the price of the new one, the billy basic one without ABS, is apparently £7050.00, if you want ABS, centre stand, heated grips and luggage, it will set you back £9500.00 approx. Does that not put it into the league of a 1200 GS with bits & bobs added.

Cheers Clemski :x
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

malc

bloody hell thats steep
its grrreaaattttttttt

Bushwhacker

Quote from: "Clemski"Iv'e just been into the local dealer and started to talk about the new 07 Tiger. I asked the price of the new one, the billy basic one without ABS, is apparently £7050.00, if you want ABS, centre stand, heated grips and luggage, it will set you back £9500.00 approx. Does that not put it into the league of a 1200 GS with bits & bobs added.

Cheers Clemski :x

In the states the prices for the Non-Abs and ABS respectively are $10,699 (£5710) and $11,499 (£6138).  (Thats ABS only, no heated grips, center stand or luggage.)

Also that is MSRP and to that you have to add things like transportation, dealer prep, taxes, tags, document fees, etc  which will add another approximate $1700 (£925) here in Texas.

This brings the total cost to the equivilant of approximately £6635 and £7063 respectively, but again does not inclued heated grips, center stand or luggage.

And I could be wrong but I always understood that you guys taxes were substantially higher than ours.

-

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

wonko the sane

It's not just the taxes...  Back in '92 a coworker/fellow pilot friend asked me to go with him to visit his youngest daughter spending a year in England in a college exchange program.

We spent most of our time in aircraft/transportation/motorcycle museums, plus the usual tourist stuff.  We also went to a Triumph dealer (were you surprised?) and the price numbers were  the same, but the British pound was and is worth a lot more than the U.S. dollar.

The bikes that actually make it over here, are truly bargain-priced compared to their prices in their country of manufacture.  Of course, that's why the U.S.A. doesn't see all the bikes available in Europe or Japan.

I was surprised by the cost of everything in England, I wondered if the English were paid that much more, or what.  I enjoyed the ten days or  so in England, but at the time, I owned a small airplane ('55 Piper Tri-Pacer) and I couldn't see any way to do that outside the U.S.  As it turned out I couldn't afford it here either...

It was fun while it lasted. :D
The world is a book, and those who don\'t travel, read only a page.

St. Augustine