News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A liitle problem with me coolant

Started by DirtBiker, September 30, 2006, 03:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtBiker

A few weeks ago I had my bike (01 Tiger) running at idle and it kicked out about a half of a cup of coolant.

I keep trying to refill the coolant reservoir and it now keeps spitting that out just on normal ridding.

Does this mean I have a air bubble in the radiator?

Should I ignore it keep ridding or is there a fix to this problem?

Oh, and it never gets hot, at least on the temp gauge.

Thanks in advance

Toby

gatorwesty

A new radiator cap fixed my identical issue on my 01.

several years now without any problems.

NortonCharlie

Radiator cap sounds right, I had similar problems on my 01.  But double check that the hoses on the overflow tank are connected properly.  Some were reversed from the factory.  If they are reversed the pressure from the radiator will push the coolent out of the overflow tank before the air on top, then of course suck back in air rather than coolant.

Radiator cap involves removing the tank, so you migh think about flushing and changing your coolant while your at it.  Whatever make sure and pull the vent bolt on top of the thermostat housing when you fill it back up and make sure the coolant comes up to the level of the vent screw.  And don't forget to replace the vent screw.

Charlie
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

DirtBiker

So I took your advise and changed the rad cap. Even though the old one looked fine.

That fixed the problem. Glad I had to pull the tank the thermostat housing was rubbing a hole into the tank so I glued a piece of rubber on the tank hope that fixes it.

Thanks for the help Guys

Toby