News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

hello Tiger people, new bloke here.

Started by mark_w, October 03, 2006, 09:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark_w

hi all. recently bought an 01 Tiger, been parked idle for 3 years so i have quite a bit of work to do. i will be back here many times asking for advice i'm sure.

i have owned a sprint RS in the past so this is my second Triumph. i usually have sportsbikes, but have a ZZR1100 [ZX11D for the American guys] as a daily rider at the moment. i am an engineering manager, married with several children.

that's me. 8)

ChrisN

Welcome onboard Mark.

Once you get that Tiger up and running you're gonna be pleasantly surprised by what it has to offer. Coming from mainly sports bikes it'll feel strange at first and you'll need to give it a couple of weeks riding before you become accustomed to the height and have the confidence to throw it's weight about. Then the big cat smile will etch itself onto your face. You'll also discover a whole new set of roads that you previously overlooked when you were layed on the tank!

Good luck and keep us posted.
Chris

mark_w

Cheers Chris.

if i get on with it ok i may sell my ZZR and use this. i always quite liked Tigers and snapped this one up when i heard about it.

i've had it going and have nipped up and down our road a couple of times, but it was a bit iffy with hardly any bodywork fitted and no rear caliper on. :shock:

it's not running terribly well, mostly on about 2 1/2 cylinders, but i will give the injector cleaner time to work. need to get the rear wheel out to replace the disc. the rear caliper had siezed and the rider must have used it like that for a week or 2 and rogered the disc.

lots of little sorting jobs like that.

Jim S

Welcome mate, I've been running an 04 Tiger for 6 months now, 8,000 miles and perfectly happy with the bike.

Hope you enjoy yours.

Jim S.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

Silverstripes

Welcome to the fold.

And enjoy.

The grin when riding will develop  :lol:

J. Breeze

Welcome! I just picked up my 01 in early September, not in quite as bad condition but the previous owner was not a motorcycle person and had deferred numerous maintenance issues.

It is true... the grin just keeps getting wider and wider

Jim