News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

What trips your trigger?

Started by TigerTrax, October 27, 2006, 07:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

Just curious about Tiger riders feelings about a couple of things:

What do you consider a 'long distance ride' that you would do?

If a Tiger ride-In was held within 400 miles of you, would you attend?

Why ?      Why Not ?
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Garp

To me anthing under 1000 miles is a days ride and easily manageable.

Would I ride 400 miles to go to a Tiger event, probablly not.  I am not a big "Joiner" and I tend to enjoy riding for the solitude and freedom. Group rides  and events do not appeal to me.

Of course that is just one man's opinion.

georover1

400 miles? Of course thats just enough miles to get warmed up :wink:
Mmmmmm......Beer

\'99 Tiger,

bloaker

I have made several 1000 mile plus trips.  I am about to do another in a few weeks.  However, it is to meet up with people I am very close to.  I show my face at the local dealers group rides and meetings simply as a show of support for my dealer (he also helps out us racer types).  

When we have the annual bike classic held abotu 8 miles from my house, I have yet to show up.  Large groups of anything do not appeal to me.  Get a couple hundred riders of any kind of bike, and you are garanteed to have several asses in the group that will ruin the whole shindig for me.  Of course throw some alcohol into the mix (which I am adamently against alcohol and motorsports), and the assholes multiply.   So I just avoid them.

Maybe the Tiger ride ins are different, but I have not seen enough info to the contrary....

Brooks Short

Because I stay off the interstates whenever possible, a 500-600 mile ride is a reasonable day ride for me.  I prefer a linear trip, not staying in one place for more than one night.  I would much rather plan a trip as a loop rather than a single destination, staying in one place for several days.

I don't care much for large group rides but I'd do a TIGER Ride-In if there were vendors or factory demo rides available.  I wouldn't stay for more than one day but I'd check it out for a few hours and then move on.
One Less Car

Bushwhacker

How about a ride-in in Jasper for 2007 in Late September.

Tony and I are headed to the black hills next fall, Badlands, Rushmore, Crazyhorse, Devil's Tower, and maybe even a swing by Yellowstone before returning to Houston.

I did a preliminary map of a trip last night from Houston, routing it thru Jasper and then up to the Badlands, Rushmore, etc, across to Yellowstone and back to Houston via Capulin Volcano, Cadillac Ranch, Palo Duro and CapRock canyons came out to just over 3800 miles.

I figure 2 weeks off from work, counting weekends would give us 16 days.  We would have a day or two in Jasper, a day or two rest along the way, and at least one day on the tail end for contingencies.  (Dropping Yellowstone cuts about 550 miles from the trip, but I would rather not do that.)

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

zombie

I'm moseying off around the country in the spring , off to Alaska  to stick me toe in the artic , and turn around  and bimble home  but I'm not a big joiner either as I'm really fussy about who I ride with , while I like me tiger it's still just a bike and I can't be arsed to ride a thousand miles to see more of the same thing , but I do like chocolate cake mmmmmmm , and crunchie bars , and 600 - to 800 miles I would consider a normal day

TripleFan

Anything with in 4-800 miles is easily doable for me. As far as attending a ride-in in my back yard, I'd plan on being there.  Biggest issue for me is timing, and there life can change my plans the day before....

For the ones that aren't in to big groups, how many people have been showing up for these?
Triplefan

2005 Tiger

XS850LG

XS850G

kiwitiger

:?:interesting comments guys, how many hours riding are we talking about to do these sort of mileges ? What sort of roads etc ??

TigerTrax

Bushwacker...

We'll have the MOAB, UT Ride-In - Sept 2007

Jasper, AR will be mid Oct 2007.

If I space it any closer together it makes it very difficult....

I start in June in PA; Then Late July in the Rockies/Tetons; Aug up to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska  (??time) ; Sept in Moab, UT; Oct in Jasper, AR.

Sofalofa2005

QuoteWould I ride 400 miles to go to a Tiger event, probablly not. I am not a big "Joiner" and I tend to enjoy riding for the solitude and freedom. Group rides and events do not appeal to me.

Thank god someone else has said this! I thought I was the only Tiger rider in the world who prefers riding on their own... nice one...

iansoady

Me too. It's quite nice when I coincidentally meet another rider and we have a chat but as the old saying has it, he travels fastest who travels alone.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

ChrisN

Don't worry guys I often ride alone.

Click HERE
Chris

Kiger

Jasper 06  was my first ride-in we averaged around 300 miles per day. Jasper nice loops in any direction. We had  enough time to stop and sight see a bit and enjoy the local flavor.  We enjoyed the group time but also went solo when the mood struck. The tiger riders are a great group no problems.  Count me 2 up at  300-400 easy miles.

TigerTrax

Just to keep things in perspective:

Here on the Great Plains in the USA...... 10 hr  days are kind of normal.

600 miles.  That's a superslab.  On 2 lane .... maybe 450 - 500 miles.

We rolled 600 miles 2-up this past Sept... superslab & 2 lane.