News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coolant change on 2004 Tiger

Started by navajo oshley, October 30, 2006, 12:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navajo oshley

I need to change the coolant on my Tiger.  Looks like it should be easy enough by disconnecting hoses at the base of the engine.  Is there anything I should be aware of such as air locks etc?  :shock:  :shock:

NortonCharlie

There is a drain plug on the side of the block, but removing the hose is fine.

When you fill it there is a vent plug you need to remove.  It is on top of the thermostat housing by the filler cap.  When you fill pour slowly with the vent removed.  When full coolant should be up to the top of the vent.  If that is the case you should be 100% full (or very close to it).  If you don't open the vent when filling you will have an air lock that can be hard to get rid of.  Don't forget to put the plug back in.  A new cap may be a good idea seeing you need to remove the tank to replace it.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

navajo oshley

Norton Charlie

Thanks for the info.  Will be changing the coolant this weekend. :D  :D