News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamers Rule!

Started by Guest, November 13, 2006, 02:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you got one Show it...

That is all!

Mudhen

I don't mind starting this thing...here's a pic of mine, high centered on an unseen rock:

\'96 Steamer

Tri2Fly

Mudhen

Showoff.  It's probably one of the best Steamer pics ever, though.

\'96 Steamer

Mudhen

From Ken Minnion/Fishnbiker's trip to the Horizons Unlimited rally in Mexico:

"Two Old Steamers"

\'96 Steamer

Mudhen

One of my favorite Steamers of all time:

\'96 Steamer

Mudhen

The ultimate Steamer?  (other than yours of course, Patrick!)

The story according to 'longear' over on advrider:

"ivo kastan from czech republic took the tiger to the dakar in 98 ,it was the biggest ,bad ass bike there.

what happened was simple big mistake of the organization of Dakar.after putting 20 liters in ivos tiger and getting to a point where there was suppose to be refuel station,there was no gas at all so he decided to stay and wait for gas but no one ever showed up.it was a very tough stage and just like other 17 riders hoping for elimination of that stage because of the mistake, they got eliminated instead

it was around 7 stage in Africa so i think it was success to get that far.

the cost of the bike was about $45 000 at the time."
\'96 Steamer

Patrick

Quote from: MudhenThe ultimate Steamer?  (other than yours of course, Patrick!)
QuoteNo, I have to disagree: This is the unltimate Steamer. More than mine.  :wink:

Last weekend I met Stephan Hessler, a guy who saw Ivo Kastan and his Dakar-Steamer in action at a rally to Moscow. Stephan (this year's winner of the Rally di Croatia, who is a well known man in the DR BIG community) said that the Ivo's Tiger broke down this rally, too on account of problems with the rear shocks...

These are some pics of me at Stephan's DR Offroad Days 2006 (where I met him):

No, the guy helping me to climb a muddy hill isn't Stephan.

If you want to see a pic of Stephan and his Rally BIG, click here.

Have fun!

Patrick

german

off road (desert) during the evening for 5 hours

Tiger 05´, Tiger 09´ ABS, CB550 76´

Mudhen

\'96 Steamer

tigerhund

Mudhen:  what is the story regarding the taller fairing on the BRG '96 you posted the photo of above?  It is very well fitted and I have not seen another like it.  Thanks, MJ

Mudhen

Quote from: "tigerhund"Mudhen:  what is the story regarding the taller fairing on the BRG '96 you posted the photo of above?  It is very well fitted and I have not seen another like it.  Thanks, MJ

There's info on that here:

http://www.triumph-tiger.com/phpBB2/vie ... ght=dieter

Patrick may be able to point you in the direction of one if you're thinking of going that route.

M
\'96 Steamer

Patrick

Stage two of my Tiger Trail 900 conversion has been completed:

Have fun!

Patrick

Mudhen

Quote from: "Patrick"Stage two of my Tiger Trail 900 conversion has been completed:

Patrick

'Larger rear wheel'?  What size?
\'96 Steamer