News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

'95 rear wheel to a ......

Started by travelinbob, November 13, 2006, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

travelinbob

I dunno, something with a 150 tire. Which years will are changable? Seems I have lots of tire/swing-arm clearance, and I'd like a better selection of tires. Several buddies w/R1150 & 1200 GS's want to give me their Conti TKC80's w/150 rears. Thanks.

Keep the shiney side muddy.

Mudhen

Not sure I understand your question...but a 150 should fit on your rim.  My '96 had a 150 on it when I got it...

I guess a free TKC may be the best TKC...but I run a 130 and it has much better traction in the loose stuff than the 150s on my GS ever did.  Worth the money in my book.   :wink:

Of course, now I run a 130x90x18 MT21 on my dirt wheels - another giant leap forward in traction (no pun intended).
\'96 Steamer

travelinbob

That's interesting. How did the bike handle with both the 150's and 130's?

I was worried that the 130 wouldn't have enough curve to the road, and the 150 too much. I'm used to my KLR w/130's (stock size), and that handles great on and off road. Thanks.

Mudhen

Quote from: "travelinbob"That's interesting. How did the bike handle with both the 150's and 130's?

I was worried that the 130 wouldn't have enough curve to the road, and the 150 too much. I'm used to my KLR w/130's (stock size), and that handles great on and off road. Thanks.

They both handle fine for my style of street riding (like an old lady!).  I probably would have left it if I didn't do so much off roading...street abilities of a tire don't matter much to me as long as they're quasi safe.
\'96 Steamer