News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rotors

Started by Bliker, December 27, 2006, 03:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliker

I know many Tiger owners have had the front rotors replaced under warranty, I've also had them replaced. Are the replacement rotors lasting, or are they also warping over time. I had mine replaced this fall on my 04 Tiger. I'm hoping the warping problem is a thing of the past.
2004 Tiger

William Reber

I too had my rotors replaced , you may or may not get a good set the promblem is in the heat treatment of the rotor (soft spots ) rather then throwing the lot away Triumph replaces them free as many times as it takes untill you get a good set. My dealer told me he has replaced one tiger owners three times before he had a good set. so far my replacement set seems fine but have less then 2 K on this set so "class is still out" :?:  on this set.

Frank.B

You Guys are so Unlucky.

My 03 Tiger suffers from serious brake abuse from me, So far I have replaced the brake pads thrice, but the discs are still near perfect..... How many are suffering with the warp problem?..
\"greetings to you....friends of peace\"

grrrh

Had mine replaced at 9500kms and have done a thousand k's on the new ones.Ican feel the pulsing starting again so it will be another trip back to the dealers.I'm not heavy on the brakes as i have the missus aboard most of the time.How can Triumph just keep throwing more rotors onto our bikes? It must be costing them a bloody fortune. Maybe new bikes would be cheaper if they fitted parts that didn't need replacing under warranty in such large quantities???

Do EBC do floating rotors for the cast wheels?  :smt093
watch yer mouth on t\' corners