News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fork springs

Started by kiwitiger, January 03, 2007, 07:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwitiger

Oh hail ye with the manuals.

1.  Can anybody tell me the free length of the front springs on a 2006 tiger. ie uncompressed.

2.  Would also like to know the  viscosity of the o.e.  fork oil and recommendations from those who have experimented with a higher grade fork oil. This is try and stop the diving a little bit more on a 2006  model.

3.  How many ccs per fork leg.

Cheers guys,

geoff

Sorry, but I may not have the answers you are after.

I have a 2006 Tiger and one thing I like about my Tiger is the soft (comfortable) suspension.  

Unfortunately some additional front end dive (compared to a sport road bike) is the penalty for soft long travel suspension. Extra damping using a heavier than std oil may help reduce dive slightly by resisting bump compression better and easing the weight transition when brakes are applied. However, it will make the front suspension harsher over potholes and other sharp bumps. As with most things suspension is a compromise. Hope you find something that works for you.

I found this thread in our forum that may help..

http://www.triumph-tiger.com/phpBB2/vie ... t=fork+oil

and this also..

I found a reference to the older Tiger and fork mods at..

http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.php?o ... tent&id=26

german

regading your request,

1-unfortunaly, the manual does not have the spring length, your bike is new, you can verify the length physically, and I will appreciate if you can tell me the length.

2-fork oil 10w, if you like little more hardness you can use 15w (more stable during curves)

3-720 CC,
Tiger 05´, Tiger 09´ ABS, CB550 76´