News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Looking to trade a Blue Flame Pipe - SOLD

Started by Garp, January 07, 2007, 10:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garp

I have  Blue Flame Stainless Dual Port pipe that I bought recently from "Howlin" here on the board.

It's not quite what I was looking for so I am looking to trade it for a Triumph Off Road pipe, or a Staintune.

Let me know if you would be interested in trading, otherwise I will probably post it up on eBay in a week or so.

davensocal

What do you not like about it?  Too loud?

I have considered getting rid of the Triump Race cans...  I would like to see what stock pipes looked/felt like..

2004Tiger

Daven, I am curious as to the effect/sound of Triumph race can and off-road tune on my 2004 Tiger. I have standard now. How strong is your "consider"? Would you consider a trade, if only temporary, to check it out? It would have to wait until we get rid of all this snow.

Oops, looks like I just hijacked your thread, Garp, unless there is a three-way trade here.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

Garp

Quote from: "davensocal"What do you not like about it?  Too loud?

I have considered getting rid of the Triump Race cans...  I would like to see what stock pipes looked/felt like..

The sound is good. The ability to remove one or both baffles means it is close to stock with both baffles in, and pretty load with them out.

What I am not keen on is the fit. It is a two piece set up with the muffler and a separate mid-pipe. This makes getting it all aligned correctly kind of tricky. I tend to switch from Stock to aftermarket depending on the distance of the ride, and I think getting this lined up each time would be a pain. It is not a big deal if you don't ride witht the Side bags as the alignment is less important.

speedjunkie

Garp,

I'm curious, why do you switch cans for differnet rides?  Will the Blueflame not work at all with the sidebags?  Do the baffles restrict it too much?  I'm just curious as to why you wouldn't just put in one or both of the restrictors and go.  Seems easy, please 'splain it to me.   :oops:

Mike
\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

Garp

The Baffles don't restrict it too much and the bags will fit, but you have to fiddle with lining up the midpipe and the muffler correctly. If they are not all aligned the pipe may well touch the bags, or the rear fender.

For some of my long distance rides, and other times when I am riding in a group, I just prefer the stock pipe. Some of the guys I ride with are pretty conservative :)

Plus, the Blue Flame is nice, but I prefer pipes that don't use Fiberglass packing. the Staintune is all stainless, and the quality is amazing. I will probably but a new Staintune and sell the Blue Flame if no wants to trade.

speedjunkie

So it's still too loud with the restrictors?  Staintune does make a quality product and IIRC, comes with a removeable baffle as well.  At least my KLR had one.  

Mike
\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

Garp

Quote from: "speedjunkie"So it's still too loud with the restrictors?

Mike

No, with the restrictors it is pretty close to stock, I just prefer to have the actual stock pipe at times.

speedjunkie

\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

Garp

Since there were no takers on the trade, I have gone ahead and bought a Staintune, so the Blue Flame is for sale.

$220.00 plus shipping. Prefer Paypal

TripleFan

Triplefan

2005 Tiger

XS850LG

XS850G

Garp