News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Yeeeeee Haaaaaaaaa. Meow.

Started by rudeigin, February 02, 2007, 11:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudeigin

Hi everyone,    I am new to the site and within the next few hours

going to collect my first Tiger955i Caspian blue.

I have only had Honda in the past and was blown away when I had my first test ride on the Tiger last Monday.  I could not believe the difference, and am still grinning from the experience.

Is there anything I should look out for with my new tiger ??

The only wee thing i was surprised at was how dimmly lit the indicator light was on the dash , is there anything I can do to make it clearer to see ??

If it was not for your site I would probably be riding a Varadero, So Thanks for all your help from everone on here.

Rudeigin.[/b]
Honda Graduate(Many years ago)

Honda NX650 Dominator

Honda XL650v Transalp

Tiger 955I      (Yeeee Haaaaaa)

Ride Safe.

Mudhen

Welcome aboard, Rudeigin!

Indicator lights on the dash are a common complaint.  Klingklang wrote up a really nice thread on swapping to LEDs:

http://www.triumph-tiger.com/phpBB2/vie ... hlight=led

On my '96, I installed a single extra lamp up on the top of the dash and wired it in to the blinkers...it's just enough to catch my eye to remind me to cancel it after a turn.

Congrats on the new bike!
\'96 Steamer

M.T.

There is one very serious thing to watch for. Never going home!   Have fun with it!
-RainRunner Extrordinaire

gatling

Caspian blue is the right color, too!

Gatling

www.motofoto.cc

2006 KLR 650

2006 Tiger

Advwannabe

Hey rudeigin

Welcome and congrats on choosing a great bike!

Things to look out for in the first two weeks based on my experience:

1. Bolts loosening around the rider's footpeg mounts and centerstand.

2. Getting used to the machine's top heaviness. Mine was dropped in the garage because of this.

3. Getting hopelessly bogged in a creek bed through overconfidence because despite all the warning to the contrary, you were enjoying yourself offroad. Take it easy to start with, Tiger....

4. Feeling like an old timer because you've been riding for 30k with the blinkers on ( thanks for the link Mudhen)

5. Getting in trouble with 'she' because you told her you would only be gone for an hour........

6. Getting in trouble with your boss because you suddenly want three weeks leave.......

7. Wiping the goofy grin off your face when dismounting in front of your tough biker mates.

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Quote from: "rudeigin"Hi everyone,    I am new to the site and within the next few hours

going to collect my first Tiger955i Caspian blue.

Is there anything I should look out for with my new tiger ??

Rudeigin.[/b]

Welcome.

If you find the screen too noisey, my advice is to get the lower "Sports" screen from Triumph and NOT to try bigger, taller screens. It worked for me.