News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB- Touratech Crashbars ('06)

Started by M.T., February 03, 2007, 02:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudhen

Quote from: "bigroney"sorry guys its www. truimphtiger-online.co.uk.

Thanks!  Looks like they have a new site they're switching to:

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/

I like those.  The connection piece looks beefier than some others.   :smt023
\'96 Steamer

TigerTrax

Try Ma's Cycles in Fargo, ND

He makes a nice set for the Tigers.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

sbachmann

I have the MA's crash bars and as of last night was able to incorporate with the Touratech sump guard and factory center stand!!!!javascript:emoticon(':D')

Very Happy Keep in mind my Tiger is 2001 model and that I did need to make a minor modification to the right sump guard bracket. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll provide evidence.

speedjunkie

I'm seriously considering the Ma's bars.  They looks pretty rugged, and from talking to them, they were designed to help facilitate MX, so they don't have to be removed to work on the bike.  

Mike
\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

Idhosam

Hey M.T.   I know the Happy Trails Crash bar is not popular with the Tiger community but instead of waiting for months on the TT I went with HT not really all that bad.  At only 5'8'' with a 30 inseam I wanted lay down protection ASAP.

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "sbachmann"I have the MA's crash bars and as of last night was able to incorporate with the Touratech sump guard and factory center stand!!!!javascript:emoticon(':D')

Very Happy Keep in mind my Tiger is 2001 model and that I did need to make a minor modification to the right sump guard bracket. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll provide evidence.

Photos? :smt015
Bruin\'

M.T.

Hey there Sam-

Funny timing as I was up 'till almost midnight last night bolting on the Touratech guards that I picked up yesterday.

It was asigh of relief to get sometthing on there, because although I'm not super short, I'm certainly not flat footing the bike either, and I have been nervous about dropping it from day 1.

I think those bars of yours look fine-  the Touratechs look good too, although right now they are the only thing still shiny on the bike!

Good luck to you-  Hope we don't ever need them!
-RainRunner Extrordinaire

Idhosam

Quote from: "M.T."Hey there Sam-

Good luck to you-  Hope we don't ever need them!

Back to you, however, the way I ride it's just a matter of time.

GatorTiger

Quote from: "speedjunkie"I'm seriously considering the Ma's bars.  They looks pretty rugged, and from talking to them, they were designed to help facilitate MX, so they don't have to be removed to work on the bike.  

Mike

They also touch down pretty quickly even with a not-so-aggressive lean angle! They are no option for me...

The TT bars are the prettiest, the TB bars the most protective. I guess all the others are in the middle. The Fehlings look similar to the Hepko-Becker bars except for the diagonal piece with lotsa wholes for lights and farkels... I would opt for the HB bars if the TT are not available...

Cheers,

HG
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

speedjunkie

Quote from: "GatorTiger"They also touch down pretty quickly even with a not-so-aggressive lean angle! They are no option for me...

The TT bars are the prettiest, the TB bars the most protective. I guess all the others are in the middle. The Fehlings look similar to the Hepko-Becker bars except for the diagonal piece with lotsa wholes for lights and farkels... I would opt for the HB bars if the TT are not available...

Cheers,

HG

That is an aspect I had not thought of.  That wouldn't work well for me either.  Oh well, back to square one.

Mike
\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

zadok_oz

What tyres are those Sam? How do you rate them :?:
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Bear

Quote from: "zadok_oz"What tyres are those Sam? How do you rate them :?:

Michelin ANAKEE

Have a look see here, the 06 tigers come with this type of foot from new.

http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w/front ... 29&lang=EN
2006 Black Tiger
Street Triple (Minister for War & Finance)
DZR 250 K6 (Kids)
KTM 600
TT600
XT250
KT120

Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

jsingraham

Anyone have any suggestions for how/where they have mounted any lights to the TT bars?  I have the TT's installed and have a set of PIAA 002x's that I want to install, just trying to figure out the best installation location for them.  Not totally set on installing to the bars, but thinking about it.  

I may make a separate light bar, but thought it might be as easy to fab a couple of bolt on brackets to the TT bars.

If anyone has any good suggestions or pics, let me know.

My bike is an 06 for those wondering.

TIA

Jason
06 Triumph Tiger - Caspian Blue
07 Yamaha FJR - Black Cherry
86 Honda TR200 FatCat
85 Yamaha BW200 Bigwheel
02 jr 50(really for the kids!)