News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB- Touratech Crashbars ('06)

Started by M.T., February 03, 2007, 02:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.T.

Just got off the phone w/ Touratech USA and they have no idea when they will get anymore of these in, so I just thought I'd run it by you guys and see if anyone had a burning desire to get rid of a set.
-RainRunner Extrordinaire

Green Lantern

I have them. Brand new. I never even had the chance to take mine out of the box. I may be selling them if I purchase something other than a Tiger. I totaled my 05  recently. I also have the headlight guard and Triumph tank bag.

Currently, I'm test riding different bikes. I'll let you know.

zadok_oz

I just got some bars delivered from Fehling in Germany. Very well priced and look very similar to the Touratech ones.

http://www.fehling.de/engl/pl_triumph1.htm
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

sbachmann

I just saw a set of the T.T. crash bars at the Triumph dealer in Reno Nevada this week. I snagged the T.T. cooler guards and sump protector they had.

TripleFan

Have you considered the Thunderbike or Happy Trails bars?
Triplefan

2005 Tiger

XS850LG

XS850G

Garp

Quote from: "zadok_oz"I just got some bars delivered from Fehling in Germany. Very well priced and look very similar to the Touratech ones.

http://www.fehling.de/engl/pl_triumph1.htm

How do you like the bars?

From the picture on their site it is hard to tell where the bottom mounts, plus the brace in front of the headers looks like a thin piece of steel that would bend quite easily.

Are they sturdier than they look?

Thx

M.T.

+1 for Garp-

I never even knew these existed.  Please tell us how they function.  Are they sturdy?

zadok_oz

In answer to your question; the bars were delivered too late for me to fit them, as I am now away from home on holiday.

They cost less than half the price of the the Touratech equivalent (for me in Oz anyway). I will attempt to attach a pic of someone elses bike that fitted them with a home made replacement cross piece. I reckon they look very nice.

Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

M.T.

I'll be curious to hear what you end up thinking of them-  I gather that the cross piece didn't seem sturdy enough, so your friend beefed his up?  

I agree with you- they look pretty nice.

Tell you what, why don't you come home from vacation a little early, fit the bars and report back!   :D

zadok_oz

Quote from: "M.T."I'll be curious to hear what you end up thinking of them-  I gather that the cross piece didn't seem sturdy enough, so your friend beefed his up?  

I agree with you- they look pretty nice.

Tell you what, why don't you come home from vacation a little early, fit the bars and report back!   :D

I'll have them fitted at the end of the month, if you can wait that long.

Pics will follow. :)
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Mudhen

Quote from: "M.T."Tell you what, why don't you come home from vacation a little early, fit the bars and report back!   :D

:lol:  haha....classic...

+1 for the report.

Did they come painted?
\'96 Steamer

fano

zadok_oz

Quote from: "Mudhen"Did they come painted?

Yes. Already black.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

bigroney

try www.triumph-online.co.uk for crash bars

BEATEN PATHS ARE FOR BEATEN MEN

bigroney