News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Vent Lines

Started by Bliker, February 06, 2007, 06:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliker

I just finished putting my tank and airbox back on the o4 Tiger. I have 2 vent lines on the left/bottom of the tank that I'm not sure which one goes where. One of them has a small inline filter and I'm assuming it's an intake line. The other is just a hose. There are 2 connections, one to the right (closest to the frame), and the other to the left. Any ideas which hose goes to which connection?
2004 Tiger

NortonCharlie

The thing in the hose is a tip over valve and you are right that is the vent and the valve has to be vertical when your done.  I can't keep track of which hose goes where, so I test it.  Hook a hose to one of the barbs and blow into it (with the gas cap closed ) if it builds up pressure and blows back at you that is the vent and gets the line with the valve.  If it doesn't build up pressure that is the overflow and it gets the plain hose.

Charlie
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Bliker

Thanks,this is a great site for info.
2004 Tiger