News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bit of a laugh

Started by Clemski, February 20, 2007, 10:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clemski

I use my Tigger  everyday of the working week to travel up to London for work, 75 mile round trip everyday, what ever the weather. It's allways good to see other bikes on the road what ever the make, after all we are all on two wheels, well except for one particuler make that is. As can be expected the traffic is horrendous on the A3 going over the flyover upto the A31 at night, and I don't know whether it's just my luck but I allways manage to come up behind the man with matching clothing and panniers big enough to take a wardrobe, bike kitted out as though he is crossing the Kalahari desert, instead of Guildford,  touratech fog lights blazing, you have guessed it, the good old GS rider, and will they move out of your way, not bloody likely, it's their desert, I mean road. Coming home tonight there must have six bikes stuck behind this GS, and would he move, no chance, still it might have been Charlie or Ewan, planning there next camping trip.

:lol:
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

greg

Charlie and Ewan had THREE bikes each for that last little trip, you take reliability where you find it!
2004 Girly.

Rocket Rob

Yep....I agree.

I have owned a couple of 1100 GS's and they are a great bike.

I have also owned an R80 G/S which is the better bike for taking off road (unless you were the late, great John Deacon).

But there seems to be a trend of 1150 / 1200 GS riders who must have every Touratech gadget and hard part, along with the obligatary GPS, and BMW Rallye clothing. Only to attend the BMF Rally with! I think it may be the 'Chelsea Tractor' syndrome. Still, at least they are happy.....

I ride my Tiger 900 every day for work, rain snow, whatever. I love it...!!

zombie

I have  a GS1150adv and while it's a cool bike I prefer my tiger , the gs is a very comfortable rig and you can throw a bunch of doo-dads on it but for back road scratching the tiger will  eat it's lunch every time.

horses for courses . I'm probably gonna trade the big GS for a KTM950SM as that thing really floats my boat and appeals to the hooligan in me

wasions

I could be that guy - well - sort of.

I almost always ride with all three hard bags on the bike.  They take up much needed storage room at home,  Also, we're not provided with lockers at work, so that all the protective gear I wear must be kept with the bike.  The helmet won't fit in the side bags, but the coat/pants won't fit in the top box with the helmet.

I don't have a lot of handlebar bling, but if I did, and it was suitably weather-resistant, I'd probably want to keep it on the bike.

There might be a reason that guy rides that way.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Clemski

The roads you  guys have out in the States, (I've only seen them in the movies) you could have all the gear on a Tigger or a GS and it would'nt cause a problem, our roads seem to be small and over congested, O'yeah and they allways put a nice drain cover on the apex of the bend, just to make it intresting in the wet, still it's still all good fun.

Cheers Clemski :P
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

wasions

Quote from: "Clemski"O'yeah and they allways put a nice drain cover on the apex of the bend, just to make it intresting in the wet, still it's still all good fun.

Cheeze, man!  Don't say that out loud.  I think I can hear the city planners plotting already.   :shock:
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350