News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

First GP of the year

Started by Chris Canning, March 10, 2007, 04:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Anyone watch todays GP,Phew how fast was the Ducati!!,two weeks from now hopefully will be sat in the sunshine in Jerez

Advwannabe

Who'd have thought Capirossi would be the red bike to crash? Anyhoo well done Stoner, go the aussies!

Nice to see someone sticking it to Japan Inc, even if they are on Japanese tyres
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Yes, Stoner's Ducati slaughtered everyone down the straight but Rossi was able to reel him back in around the rest of the circuit. Jerez is a twistier circuit so I expect a very different result.

I have to say, I was wondering, when I was watching it, if Burgess & Rossi didn't have a trick up their sleeves for the latter stages but it turned out they didn't have that boost button after all.

ChrisN

Maybe too early to draw any conclusions but I was impressed by how Stoner rode his race regardless of his straght line advantage. He kept his cool with the master breathing down his neck. Last season he would have binned it for sure.
Chris

Advwannabe

QuoteMaybe too early to draw any conclusions but I was impressed by how Stoner rode his race regardless of his straght line advantage. He kept his cool with the master breathing down his neck. Last season he would have binned it for sure.

Over the last couple of years the Duke would have wasted its rear tyre under that sort of pressure. It is early days but I think Japan inc have some serious head scratching to do
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Quote from: "Advwannabe"
QuoteMaybe too early to draw any conclusions but I was impressed by how Stoner rode his race regardless of his straght line advantage. He kept his cool with the master breathing down his neck. Last season he would have binned it for sure.

Over the last couple of years the Duke would have wasted its rear tyre under that sort of pressure. It is early days but I think Japan inc have some serious head scratching to do

Japan inc make the tyres. So at least they had some success.