News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Coming out of the closet...

Started by ChrisN, March 16, 2007, 10:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisN

As a long term fan of the Tiger I've a confession to make.

I've introduced another bike into the garage.

Ok, I can here you collectively saying "mid-life-crisis"

Still, I feel better its out in the open now!

For more info click HERE
Chris

zadok_oz

Responded to this on the RAT forum. Like what you did with the web page as well Chris.
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

cbxtc6

Sweet!  When I took my Tiger into the shop for the re-tune, they had a turbo Rocket III on the bench.  300HP!!!!  It had a bit of a problem keeping it's pistons intact however.  Still, I'd love a test ride!!!

Mudhen

MID LIFE CRISIS!!

:wink:
\'96 Steamer

greg

That's a large closet you have.
2004 Girly.

wasions

Responded to this on the Adventure Motorcycle forum. Like what you did with the web page as well Chris.

An' ye'v turned me into a blatant plagiarizer, as well.  Y' fiend!
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

oldrider

Quote from: "ChrisN"As a long term fan of the Tiger I've a confession to make.

I've introduced another bike into the garage.

Ok, I can here you collectively saying "mid-life-crisis"

Still, I feel better its out in the open now!

For more info click HERE

Brand new convert to the Triumph Tiger 955i and just recently registered on this forum. (First non Honda road bike in our shed since 1970)

Guess I am a recent "out" too then.

Our Tiger looks exactly the same as yours, colour etc but ours has a Givi top box. (A sentimental heirloom from 4 previous bikes.)

So far we have only travelled 1805 miles but we have only had it since the 28th of February, so early days yet!

It is starting to loosen up a bit now and we are slowly setting it up the way we want it for our requirements.

You mentioned in your Webb page (excellent site by the way) that yours has the 1050 head! What do you mean by that?

My neighbour has a Speed Triple 1050, do you mean our 955i has the same head as the motor in his bike?

The dealer said that the bike we bought had all the last modifications available to the 955i before triumph released the new 2007 model.

So, is ours the same as yours? Cheers John.

PS: "our" equals my wife and me, she is in charge of the back end of the bike, up to and including (sometimes) the speedo!
Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

zadok_oz

Quote from: "oldrider"PS: "our" equals my wife and me, she is in charge of the back end of the bike, up to and including (sometimes) the speedo!

Nice one John. :smt044
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Advwannabe

Nice write up Chris. Congratulations on the Rocket III purchase. Who cares what people think if it suits you?

My other bike is an old FJ1200 that's been in and around my life for 12 years. Its old rattly and daggy and I love it.

If mid life crisis means you now have sufficient income to have more than one toy, bring it on!
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

ChrisN

Thanks for the feedback guys....and Mudhen:  :lol:  :D/  :lol:

Oldrider: You mentioned in your Web page (excellent site by the way) that yours has the 1050 head! What do you mean by that?

As I understand things Triumph made several changes to the motor in the 2006 models even though it's still the 955i. These included tidying up the coolant hose routing, fitting the engine side casings and head from the newer 1050 motor. I seem to recall reading this in the motorcycle press releases at the time (late 2005).

Maybe others on this site could confirm this ?
Chris

Chris Canning

Hi Chris

What you said about the alterations to the motor is correct,haveing more than one bike in the garage isn't a mid life crisis,but your choice certainley is!!!!