News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Finally able to properly participate here...

Started by Stretch, March 25, 2007, 05:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

I brought my very own '05 Tiger home this afternoon, after a 36-hour, 1300-mile round trip (in my truck).

Click Here

Click Here

And Here

And Here

So begins my own Tiger hunt.

Adventure Rider's Jamboa had a silver 2005 for sale in Louisiana, listed in the Flea Market.  So we made arrangements for me to take a look at it on Friday.

Atlanta at about 8:00 am.  Traffic cooperated once I got through Gwinnett County ((shiver)).

Pretty nice day for a Tiger hunt.  I-85, south of Atlanta.

I usually plug my iPod into the truck stereo, but the stereo crapped out on me (don't ask).  So this is 'Plan B':

I hope she doesn't miss it.

The obligatory bridge shot.  Mobile River, Mobile Alabama.

That's down near Greenbow.

The I-10 bridges over Lake Ponchartrane, Louisiana, heading into New Orleans.

I'm not going to post Katrina damage photos.  Lord knows we've all seen our share of them.  But they've still got one hell of a mess there.

Ah-HA!!!  Bagged one!  Class M license and proper tag required, but no bag limit.  I just took one.

Had to get just a few oysters while I was down there.

I spent the night at the motel 6 in Slidell, Louisiana, just across Lake Ponchartrane from New Orleans.  It was kind of hard to find a room on a Friday night.  Many of the area motels still have Katrina refugees living there on a somewhat permanent basis.  So I guess it's George Bush's fault.  :D

I awoke the next morning at 6:20 to a metallic rapping sound from outdoors.  After laying there for ten minutes, it finally quit, and was replaced by the sound of belts slipping.  The starter in some dude's car had hung up, and he was banging on it with a Vice-Grip while his girlfriend worked the key.

Dah well, it was time to get up anyways.

Kind of froggy this morning.

You see the damnedest things on the road.

I also saw the Oscar Mayer Hotdogmobile...

... but it was coming from the opposite direction and I didn't have time to turn my camera on before it was gone.  Dammit.

I hate it when they stare at you like that.

Home sweet home.

And the seal of approval.

Thanks for your hospitality, Joe.  Please thank Marla for me also.  Your Tiger has gone to a good home.

M.T.

All Right!

I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I'm thinking you're gonna love it!

Hats off to ya'

:D
-RainRunner Extrordinaire

zadok_oz

Looks great Stretch. Enjoy.......I know you will :D
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

greg

Mmm. The five mile drive to my local dealer does not throw up quite such an adventure, lord knows what you'll get up to on the bike...............
2004 Girly.

TigerTrax

Hey Stretch....

Nice ride....

You should hook up with the Tiger riders in the area....

Join us in Wellsboror, PA   June 21-23 2007   A BUNCH OF TIGERS will be there!

Check out our message board!  http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/us_tiger_ride_ins/
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

blacktiger

I love my 05 , great bike.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Stretch

Thanks, everyone.

I had to work yesterday (Sunday) at the fire hall.  Nice and slow, just as a Sunday should be.  We ate every single one of the oysters, and I spent most of the afternoon with a rag and toothbrush, digging other people's dirt out of my bike.

Scheduled to ride with by brother-in-law (and best friend) this afternoon.  He has a new BMW GS Adventure, and we're both curious how the two bikes  stack up in a head-to-head comparo.

Regardless, I finally have the bike I lusted for and researched for nearly a year.

Let's ride!

fano

Make sure you get all the dirt out that it won't look like mine  :lol:

Stretch

Dirt that I put there is okay.

But I can't stand somebody else's dirt.   [-X

greg

What is it you have strapped to the rear footpeg hanger. I need to know.
2004 Girly.

Stretch

Quote from: "greg"What is it you have strapped to the rear footpeg hanger. I need to know.

My truck.

I've seen too much stuff fall out of trucks on long Interstate trips, so I secured the Tiger six ways to Sunday.

It's a 12-foot Ancra tie-down, with all the excess tied in half-hitches so the loose end wouldn't slap the bike going down the road.

I also secured it and the cooler with a padlocked cable.

Advwannabe

Fano,

QuoteWhat is it you have strapped to the rear footpeg hanger. I need to know.

So do I. I don't care if its only a pose, it looks cool!

Stretch, great intro and thanks for reminding me what a great site ADV is, enjoy your Tigger
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

fano

It is a tool box. I saw it here, somebody else did it and I liked the idea.

Stretch

Oh, 'scuseme.  I though he was talking to me.

Greg, that's an arc-welding electrode box, available from any welding supply store.

I think one would make a great map case also.

greg

Yes I was a bit puzzled, but then I always am. It is a brilliant idea which I too am going to copy.
2004 Girly.