News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamers Rule!

Started by Guest, November 13, 2006, 02:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advwannabe

QuoteStage two of my Tiger Trail 900 conversion has been completed:

Patrick

'Larger rear wheel'? What size?

What Mudhen asked and how is the weight loss program going? Where is the fat and how are you getting rid of it? Great looking bike!

Now without raining on the Steamer love in, what makes these bikes so worthy of the loyalty you obviously have for them?

1. They look cool. I get that

2. Are they better on road than the Girlies?

3. Are they better off road then the Girlies?

4.  Are they significantly lighter/ easier to work on/ pull the birds better / have a rocket launcher stashed under the seat for thsoe errant Volvos??

5. When the Girlies was introduced, was it recieved in a similar way to the reception the 1050 is now getting from the off road Tigger riders?

Jest ask'in is all  :D

I'm half serious as I've rarely seen a Steamer in Oz
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

BR

QuoteStage two of my Tiger Trail 900 conversion has been completed:

Not sure about the wheel size but I noticed the single can/3 into 1 exhaust system.... nice!

Brendan

Patrick

I don't want to hijack this thread.

You will find the answers to your questions here: http://www.triumph-tiger.com/phpBB2/vie ... hp?p=18446

Have fun!

Patrick

smoove b

Pls inform me why that generation is called "steamer"?

I have been reading along for a yr and still not guessed it.

Thanks Smooove b 02 955 Tigger

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "smoove b"Pls inform me why that generation is called "steamer"?

I have been reading along for a yr and still not guessed it.

Thanks Smooove b 02 955 Tigger

Perhaps the answer should be a part of a sticky forum - Frequently Asked Q's? The answer can be found here several times and the question seems to get asked once a month.

Moderators?
Bruin\'

BR

"Steamer" refers to the older Tiger models produced from ~93(?) thru '98 and their "low tech, old fashioned" use of carburetors vs the Fuel injection found on models starting in '99.

BR

'98 BRG Tiger (Steamer)